Member To Member Support
The place for eBay buyers and sellers to ask Community Mentors questions about buying and selling on eBay.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Missing bid

A potential buyer messaged me saying they had placed an offer and their screen showed I had rejected it, but I never received an offer, what can be done?, Chris

ebay gmbh

Hi, i have a motorcycle part i want to advertise in Germany, can someone point me in the rifgt directoion, i have been told to put on ebay gmbh but i dont know how, thanks Antonio

Delivery to a pick up shop rejected

I ordered an item and selected delivery to my local Spar shop the seller sent by UPS but the Spar refused the parcel and it was sent back to seller. I have selected this delivery option before with success but not this time has anybody else had this ...

rate your item new from ebay

I cant leave feedback on 2 items as ebay has now added a rate you item panel you cannot ignore the box so if you dont fill it in you cannot leave feedback I just bought a book I havent read so how can I rate the item, also I might not read it straigh...

Parcel shows as not delivered

I sold an item and paid for postage, I then hand delivered the item as I noticed the guy lives close by. The item is now showing as dispatched and both the buyer and I have looked for a way to change the status of delivery but no joy. He even left fe...

Card details being used

Hi all ... I made a purchase yesterday night at 23:10 .. 2 minutes later my card details had been accessed in Canada from a company called Bell crdv for £0.00 .. My bank recognised is wasn't right and blocked my card .. I'm just letting everyone know...

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help

Im at my wits end borrowed some one my eBay account and I'm left with the bill my money as nearly all gone I need help struggling with communicating with eBay I need help

Bad feedback left in positive section

Bad feedback back has been left in the positive section. I contacted the buyer and he said he made a big mistake and it was meant for someone else. He said he is very sorry and he not sure how to cancel it ? He want to leave the good positive feedbac...

Fake item

Hi, I have received a fake item, JBL headphones, I can return them but also want to highlight this to eBay as it is a big waste of my time and efforts.

Proof of no-receipt

Hi, currently I have open case for a refund of stolen parcel from my doorstep, because postie left it there without agreement with me. I contacted Royal mail and they send me a conformation that they started an investigation. Ebay will refund me if I...

Listing for 14500 batteries removed

I have been selling 14500 rechargeable batteries on Ebay for years but have just had the listing removed and sent the following message.What activity didn't follow the policyDue to product safety concerns, the sale of 18650 and 21700 batteries or bat...

Removal of Vitriolic feedback denied by eBay

I recently sold a video light which the buyer informed me that he had to pay £7 because the parcel didn't have a post office pre-paid label on it yet I have two proof of postings slips when I sent it. I mentioned that I had a similar experience when ...

Buyers getting not given discounts on items.

HelloIam having some problems understanding why 3 of my last for sales got discounts, without being offered to buyers.I sold an item for 8.99, when its listed for 9,99 and only has automatic discount for 2 or more units, with free shipping. Other sol...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help needed

I have received a request to return an item. I am trying to send a full return back to them and for them to dispose of the defective item. The error message im getting is shown below. Any ideas?

Poor sizing details

Just a heads up to sellers. I see lovely items of clothing for sale but sadly due to a lack of basic information on measurements and fabric I won't risk bidding. I'm a size 12-14 but these days that's not enough information as sizes can vary so much....

Refund & Return

I accidently sent the wrong item to a buyer. they were great about it and sent the item back and I now want to exchange it for the right item. However, I obviously hit the wrong button and it now wants me to produce a refund (which i don't want to do...

User avatar by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What To Do When Ebay Cheats You?

Told seller to cancel, they refused. Chat with ebay gets Not Recd case opened so Seller Sends it! Then we Refuse it via UPS & it gets delivered back today. we never saw it. But Seller managed to Convince ebay despite tracking that we had it Yesterday...

Refunds

A seller has agreed to refund me for a faulty item and has asked for my PayPal email in order make the refund. Is it okay and safe to give it to him?

!!!

I have recently been sent 2 empty envelopes from an eBay seller.I am not waiting for any purchases.The envelopes came 1 week apart.Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

THANK YOU EBAY

I just want to give a big THANKs to EBAY. The 1 month zero fees promo you gave me really helped me out a lot.I'm most grateful to you for it. I'm a small seller struggling to pay my houshold bills and your site really helps me to get by. I've always ...

Resolved! How do I get to speak to an Adviser

My sign-in seems weird today, I can't get into my site automatically as I usually do, and when I tried to list an item the price box is in USA dollers and measurements are in feet and inches. Can anyone advise me please, I've tried to speak to an adv...

Resolved! credit card rejected when paying insertion fees

I am being asked to pay my insertion fees. I go to the payment page and it asks me to register a credit card. I do that and the card is rejected. This has happened with both my cards over a couple of weeks of trying. They are both VISA cards at a maj...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Return item that was collected in person

An item that I was selling was collected in person. After having it for 7 hrs now want to return it saying wasn't as described. They've instigated a return/refund on eBay. I'm happy to refund once it's returned but eBay don't have drop down box for t...

I bought a pair off fake shoes and reported eBay

I bought a fake and reported eBay. Item delivered on 15th April 2024 When said bought made an offer which was accepted. When having second thoughts eBay automatically deducted the money. Arrived, and immediately contacted eBay as fake and was upheld....

User avatar by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Impatient and harrasing Buyer opens INR case just hours after purchase and before l post the item.

I am very upset. Sold an item to somebody who sent several messages trying to get a cheaper price unsuccessfully. Inmediatelly after hi bought it l received more than 20 "panicking" messages asking me if l had already posted the item, how, where, whe...

Unfair dispute fees

Hi my name is Craig 19740191 I sold a dvd at the beginning of march to a customer a week later they made a dispute with eBay saying they hadn't received I asked them for a few more days for it to arrive they emailed me a few days later and said it ha...

Primary address changed

I just realised the last four things I ordered got sent to a previous address because my primary address setting somehow changed without me touching it - I assume I can't get refunded since i didn't check the details before ordering...do I have a leg...

Inadequate packaging resulted in empty ruptured packaging being delivered - how to escalate

Hi, I purchased a PlayStation 1 game which was shipped to me in a cardboard-backed A4 envelope. The envelope arrived without its contents, having ruptured and spilled its contents before reaching me. Royal Mail delivered the envelope in a sealed plas...

listing problem

I am trying to list a product,i have filled in all relavent info,when i list it comes back with item specifics not correct,it is correct,tryed to get ebay to help but they don't,any ideas

Selling rim

Hi I sold the rim, but the buyer told that the rim have some rust marks. I checked the photo what he send that what he received, I have the photo what I sold they are completely different rim what he wanted to send me back.please deal with this.

Posting

I give myself three days to post my items but randomly ebay change it so that I need to dispatch it the same day the buyer purchased it. That's not always possible so then I get a dispatch overdue notice. Anybody know why they do this?

Classified advert

I have a classic car for sale. A buyer offered the lowest 'buy' price.....didn't pay but now I can't get the advert to go back on without paying again?I have time left on it 30 day advert)How can I sort this as ebay are NO help whatsoever.....

Feedback

A buyer has left negative feedback for not replying to a message which was not received by the seller.Ebay has messaged to say:Unfortunately we won’t be able to remove this comment because it doesn’t violate any of our Feedback policies.Suggestions p...

Selling motorcycle advert

Hi, I have set up an advert to sell my motorcycle and posted last night, it seems to have set up 5 adverts and wants to charge me 100 pounds, I only need on advert at 20, I cannot understand why it has done this

Item not received from feb 3rd

I ordered items totalling £40 on the 3rd feb. Didn't receive the item & the seller hasn't replied to any messages. EBay have now said the case is closed & I haven't received any money back. Can anyone advise me on what to do now?

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete an error on Buyer Paid section

I currently have no sold items to send. Yet my app permanently says "Buyer paid - send now". And when I have one item to send, my app says I have 2 items to send now. How can I delete the unwanted "Send now" ?

posting item

hi allwondered if anybody can help with what to do in the following instancei have an item to post to a buyer with only one feedback and when icome to post his full address details are not there, he has emailed the address in 4 seperate emails, but i...

Postage refund

Seller asking for paypal account details to send postage charges. Not aware that this is acceptable. Thought this would be done via partial refund option.

A seller I recently purchased from has now sent me someone else's item and won't respond to messages

Ideas anyone?I have been messaging the seller for over 3 weeks telling them I have their item and asking them to send me a returns label. Nothing. Their buyer must be getting very fed up by now and so am I. The seller is a newbie and seemed to be hav...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vat number 30 days notice

Can any one tell me if this is fair practice by eBay , in December eBay give me 30 days notice for a vat number which on the 8th of January I applied for a vat number from the HMRC I am still waiting for this vat number it's now the 17th of April my ...

Royal Mail, say delivered. Customer, says not delivered on 2nd class standard postage

I am pulling my hair out. I posted an item via Royal Mail 2nd class (not signed for) , have receipt of postage and the Royal Mail website says it was delivered on a date and time. Customer says she has not received it. What do I do because she has pu...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ebay Buyer Protection denied.

Bought a pair of Nike Air Max 95 for my son on 22/02/24..they were brand new and boxed.He wore them on week ends for few weeks ..during easter holidays he wore them daily and you could see trainers begun falling apart...Contacted seller on 06/04/24 t...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

April Sales (or lack of)

Hi all Has anyone else had a huge dip in sales this month. March was the best month I've had in years but the last 3 weeks have been horrendous. More than aware of the COL etc. but this wasn't a problem last month. Just wondering if something has cha...

Contacting eBay support

EBay has stepped in early and closed a transaction whilst buyer and seller were making other purchases so all items could be sent together. Now buyer can't pay for original large item but payment has been taken for the multiple smaller add on items. ...

Gremlin in the works

Purchased 3 fabric items on auction£5.50 - shows Awaiting payment £105.50£8.00 - shows Awaiting payment £108.00£5.50 - shows Awaiting payment £105.50 Holy guacamole. This will the most expensive fabric I've ever bought

Auto Response Bots

I just asked two completely different sellers for additional detailed information about their item for sale and in both cases received the message text 'Hi, Thanks for showing interest in our product. We need to check with warehouse to get accurate i...

Refund

I bought an item and it got broken before it's warranty expired, the seller as me to return the item which I did, the seller informed me she has issued me a refund and it's almost a month now I haven't received the refund yet

Neutral feedback for delivery

Hello, Just wondering where I stand with this one. I don't think I'll get the feedback removed, but just wondering what people think. Sold an item, sent the item the following day (tracked royal mail 48 through Ebay, so buyer would have been updated)...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Return request

Sold a camera that worked fine, buyers now requested a full refund and return of camera stating it doesnt work correctly, im now worried im going to give a refund and be left woth a broken camera,

Item lost in post?

Help! I have proof of postage that I sent an item but buyer saying not received? Sent Royal Mail 2nd class but no tracking number as not sent trackedwhat do I do? EBay's help function isn't good. Should I call eBay and if so what number do I call? Do...

Delaying posting

Hi I have sold an item and the buyer has paid but now they have messaged me to ask if I can post the item in two weeks time as they are going on holiday can I do this?

Only part order received !!

New to Ebay ... please can someone tell me how I can chat with an Agent & not an automated system? Complicated problem which I have followed all recommended steps & still not sorted TIA

Refund

Hello, I purchased a book as a guest. However it was marked on the pages so Inreturned it. They have received the book but I have not had a refund. When Inlook for an email for eBay I hit a brick

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

UNABLE TO VIEW FEEDBACK

When rying to view my feedback I get this:- Sorry. There seems to be a problem loading the page.followed below by a link to Reload the Page I've closed ebay and the browser - logged back in and still get the message.Is anyone else getting this fault ...

Resolved! Look at this feedback ebayer leaves. How can they be allowed to continue this abuse?

Recently bought an item from me, never paid. 4 days pass and I issue an unpaid item strike?, actually is that even a thing any more?. basically 4 days pass and I get to cancel the sale due to non payment. Does he get a strike?, who knows. In days gon...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem buyer

Hi I've got a problem with a buyer who missed the delivery of her parcel twice and she said the post office is trying to send it back to me but I haven't received anything she's now saying its my responsibility to trace the parcel for her or she will...

Faulty goods

I bought via business seller a pair of wellington boots last August. They have now split. I contacted the seller on 27 March, sent them photos and asked for directions re return/refund. They said would speak to the manufacturer. I have chased twice a...

I purchased a UPS with shipping value of £19.99, the sender shipped not to the primary address !!

I purchased a UPS with shipping value of £19.99, the sender shipped not to the primary address (Cardiff) but to Birmingham (my address in 2007). I have purchased over 280 items from eBay since and all came to my Cardiff address. When I contacted the ...

Refund

Hello,I have sold the computer however I added a thing as "promote" which was supposed to take 11% but ended up taking 30%.Therefore I do not want to pay over 300 pounds just for fee.I want to make a refund ,but it says that only 700 will be returned...

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Item Not Received

I bought the product, but the seller said that he damaged it and could not send it, it is too late to cancel the order, what should I do? how I can get back money?

refund - seller has agreed but don't know how

HiI bought an item and realised wrong thing. It was an offer that seller accepted so payment went through. He has agreed to cancel and refund but then he said he tried and was going to be charged £40 by eb ay for cancelling so didn't want to continue...

Restrictions selling Account

Hello sir, I hope you are doing great there. My selling account had restricted on 27th March due to not providing to my all sold orders tracking id numbers. I have sold 62 orders four of them have already refunded. Now we have providing 52 orders tra...

Hi

Hello there I'm still waiting for my item to delivery to my address what's wrong with it took to long now can you please check this my ietm  

1000027500.jpg

Buyer not collecting but paid

Hi. I sold an item, collection only. Buyer has paid. I have sent many messages with my address and times he can collect. He just messages me back asking when and where he can collect. It is like he is not reading or not receiving my messages. Unsure ...

Wrong item in envelope

Hi, l received an item packet of Twix instead of the cat item that l ordered l'm about sixteen pound lose as the seller sent chocolates instead, they must be so desperate for money that they're sending other items in the post and how do you prove tha...

BuckLancer EShop

HiHas anyone heard of the above?They are offering a 5% commission (25% of the profit) If i allow them to sell car spares through my account.Scam?Legal? has anyone got any ideas?

Return Label

Hi, the seller has agreed a return but it has been 5 days and they have not provided a return shipping label. There are no agents available to escalate. I don't know what to do please?

Best offer posting to click and collect

Trying to put in a best offer but then goes to PayPal auto payment and doesn't come up with a click and collect option (only gives my home address) Is there an option anywhere to change to click and collect. (Item is available for C&C at normal biddi...

Unlimited Duration of Listings

I understand I pay fees when I sell at item, but can I allow my listings to renew every 7 days indefinitely without incurring listing fees? I read somewhere that only the first 8 weeks are free.

User avatar by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Return

Trying to return item for refund but no one will accept it at pick up unable to get eBay to change to pick it up from address please help can not find anything on eBay to help

POSTAGE CHARGES

I ended up paying additional postal charges on mailing an item to a buyer (Post Office) and took the hit. How do I increase the postal charges to cover this again on a item currently advertised?

paypal

From looking at some posts regarding eBay changing its Paypal policy, I think it's long overdue because, about thirteen years ago, they got into stuff over that when a court in Australia ruled that eBay can't dictate that buyers use Paypal. As for th...

Item not received

I bought an item and the supplier kept on telling me that everything is okay. Bought on 22 November 2023 and now the tracking number is even showing that its expired. The supplier is not co-operating. What should i do?

E juice

I bought some E juice and was sent the wrong one , seller sent me prepaid postage, sent item back but have not received the item I ordered, ebay has closed the case as the seller says its be delivered which is the first wrong item

User avatar by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buyer location research for sellers

Hello, I find that a significant proportion of my UK sales sell to buyers in a specific region and a particular county within that region. Terapeak allows Buyer Location Research on a country by country basis but not by region, state or county. Has a...

non delivery of order.

elivery date was 10-11th April. not arrived. ordered as aguest. BIG mistake. keep going round in circles trying to trace order. keeps asking me to sign in & then says already registered & cant get any further.

Resolved! I have bought and paid for an item but the buyer has said its been stolen

Hi everyone/anyone I bought an item last week for over £1000. The seller has now said the item was stolen from his garage (even though in his listing he stated it was kept inside his house). He has said he would refund on Friday morning and is not re...

Selling limit Request

Hi guys, im currenlty trying to sell my collection which have over 100 items and price ranged from few pound up to £100+, Been trying to get a increase limit for months but ebay just increase like 3-10 limit at a time each month and I currently have ...

fraudulent listing that eBay says is fine

eBay item number The seller's listing states condition is "Opened – never used"Description states "Great used Condition" One of these cannot be correct - there is a clear contradiction with this listing.I flagged to eBay ansd its response was:-"What ...

EBay has reset my delivery address

I've been waiting for an order to arrive, I've gone and checked my account and somehow eBay has reset my delivery address to one that I haven't been at for 10 years! It's too late to cancel the order, and it's impossible to get in contact with eBay! ...

Refund query

I purchased two items off here ,both didn't fit so sent back & asked for Refund from seller and they had until 9 April to respond and they haven't .How do I actually call someone on here ?I am not getting any answers from the automated or help sectio...

Payment query

As a new seller I didn't realise my payment for a sale would be held by ebay for 14 days. Item has been despatched but I have no payment

Selling something twice

I have bougth an item, the bidding history clearly shows that... despite this, the seller said, that ebay sold something twice and wants me to cancel the transaction.Can this happen?

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why

Why when u go to order something everyone's on holiday and can't get it...lucky things

Tracking service

Does anyone know who is in charge of the tracking screen when postage is purchased through eBay?Customer placed an order today at 1.26pmI bought the postage on line through eBay about 5 minutes later....Tracking said number was provided at wait for i...

Postage

Despite booking my parcels with ebays postal service. I am finding that they are not being registered for pick up somehow?despite me paying the extra for collection rather than drop off. anyone else experienced this?

Resolved! Clothing fees - women's stockings

Good morningNow that there are no fees for selling clothing, please could you tell me if this includes women's stockings please? I know there are still fees for selling shoes. I am assuming that stockings count as clothing but would appreciate confir...

Selling

Hi, help please I have sold an item, and marked it as it's been paid which they have via cash on collection. But it's on the dispatch page asking me for a delivery ref number I'm terms of posting. How can I resolve this to confirm the seller has coll...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packlink Evri Delivery woes

So I sent a product and it didn't arrive for 2 weeks. ebay Tracking link said (Your parcel is at the delivery depot and we'll let you know when it's out for delivery), after 8 days it still had not arrived and the buyer questioned it. I contacted Pac...

Special offer

I want to give a special offer price to those who have viewed/ are watching my item, but can't find how to do this. Can anyone help? Thank you

Customer couldn't choose click and collect

We had a customer that couldn't choose click and collect. Does anybody know of any known reasons why this might occur? Unfortunately (for us) they were able to choose a different supplier and order from them using click and collect. The customer said...

Return not credited

I received two pairs of shoes in one package. They didn't fit so returned them in same package together but am only being credited with one pair and they are asking me to return the other pair which I have already returned. I am going round in circle...

Refund

Hello I wonder if anyone can help.i have become very frustrated and disappointed at EBay lack of communication. I have on numerous occasions contacted the help centre and asked to speak to an agent and this has been refused.I did speak to someone who...

VERIFICATION ON BRANDED TRAINER

Hi I'm selling Dior trainers on ebay and some one messaged saying I have to send them to ebay first to clarify if they are genuine or fakes. I have clearly stated that they could be fakes because I haven't a clue and I would leave this to the buyer t...

Seller does not answer

I have bought an item and tried to contact the seller befor paying it, in order to get the pick up address and the dimensions of the item, because I wanted to hire a company that picks it up for me. There was no answer for more than a day, I have pay...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Additional postage charge

I bought an item from a lovely seller but the post office refused to deliver it saying that insufficient postage had been bought.I paid the additional postage of 3.50 looking at the postage label it says large letter 0.75.i weighed the parcel it was ...

Funds obstacles by ebay.

My wife and child of 2.6 years got hit by a motorbike. We are short of funds. I sold an item long ago to get as much cash in as possible to help costs. Ebay cause delay and because heart condition I am getting frustrated that can cause heart issue. T...

Posting

Can I send a item in a post box? If so do I have to put my own stamp on or do I just need the eBay label? Thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Lithium battery return

I am trying to return a lithium battery as it does not fit the stated item, therfore is not fit for purpose. UK postal restrictions don't allow lithium batteries to be sent unless contained within a device, such as the laptop. I have told the seller ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ebay announced new Postal prices

Hi, recently Ebay announced the new Royal Mail Postal price changes. It states that Tracked 24 and 48 (large letter) was being reduced by 20p. But in fact put it UP by 20p for purchasing labels online!!! I tried calling customer service but got Berli...

nectar

H I used 10000 nectar points 14th March to buy a item and when going to check out it took the funds out of my paypal account now i cant find the vocher that was set up or when i go in to buy something else it still not comes up and as not gone back t...

Resolved! Seller says they cannot post item and wants to issue a refund instead of sending it. Is this safe?

I paid for an item on 10/04/24, which had an expected delivery date of between 15/04/24 and 22/04/24. The seller contacted me on the 15/04/24 to say, "...the item you purchased did not pass our quality test, so we cannot send it to you," and that the...

Error when generating label

Hi, can anyone help, I am getting an error code when trying to generate a postal label - ' something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label' this has happened a couple of times now, this time it's not allowing it at all either on compu...

Selling Product

Good morning I have a professional Canva account that I don't use and I want to know if I can resell them on ebay ?

Postage

this is my first time selling an item on eBay. I was wondering if I can trust the seller sending me a courier to pick the item up or is it like a marketplace that there are dodgy people and we cannot trust?

Combined postage query

I'm confused! How does eBay work out fees if I refund seller for combined postage after they've paid. Will they regard this as lots of sales and charge 30p for each item? Do they take fees on the total amount paid before refund? Or after refund? Buye...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to list

As anyone experienced problems when eBay keeps asking to verify my phone number when it is correct this has been going on for 2 weeks spoke to 5 agents they are useless. Any help would be appreciated.

removed listing

I listed a taxidermy macaca Fascicularis monkey which is not endangered species CITES Annex B Appendix II and ebay removed my listing. Can somebody tell me why? Thank you.

Resolved! EBay asking me to return unknown chemicals

Had a dispute with a seller where he sent "new" containers. They have turned up with chemicals in side. Raised a case with ebay they found in my favour. However they have asked me to return the containers. But as they have an unknown chemical I can't...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dispute with seller -

Hi I recently brought a new shaver, within two weeks the shaver has stopped working. I want to return the faulty item, but the seller has not sent me a returns label and seems to be delaying. I would like ebay to get involved but do not have that opt...

listing items

Not sure who can help but can somebody explain simply hoe the Featured Selling fees work, as I listed 1480 items (free listings) and the next month I removed 450 listings which had not sold and had sold 50 and uploaded 500 new items to keep the stock...

refund

hello there, my parcel has been missing for over a week now. it says its been delivered when i havent recieved it. i was at work all day when it said it was delivered, and none of my neighbours have collected the parcel. i am getting quiet frustrated...

Listed items not showing in shop

Hi - we are a charity and use the charitable shop for selling our donated items. I have 86 items listed as active, but if you go to the actual shop it says I have just 7 - I have looked at the settings and cannot see how to resolve this - has anyone ...