Cancelling a purchase

I was the highest bidder for a lawnmower. The seller wanted cash on collection as he 'wanted to avoid eBay and PayPal fees'. Before the auction closed I asked him whether I would be able, if I won, to pick it up on a certain day when I would be passing through his area (it is about 35 miles away). He agreed. I won and immediately messaged him through eBay to arrange collection. I received no reply. Over the next week I sent several more messages through eBay about arranging collection and received no reply. Eventually, I sent him a message indicating my frustration that he wasn't replying, when I received a very short message telling me I could pay a deposit through PayPal. I responded immediately asking for details of how I could do that (i.e. his PayPal details). I received no reply. A week later I wrote to him again asking him to confirm that I could pick it up on the agreed day and would anybody be there and where is 'there' (I only knew the town, not any address). I received no reply. The day came and went, and I was forced to give up on the lawnmower. For whatever reason he was not being helpful and handling the transaction in an appropriate way. I have now bought a lawnmower elsewhere.

So, suddenly I get a message from him at this morning saying 'I thought you were going to pick it up on the 18th'. I have responded saying that in the absence of any communication from him (as outlined above) I had given up on the transaction. So, my question is, how can I cancel this transaction and move on? I certainly don't want him leaving me negative feedback (I have 100% feedback on over 400 transactions).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)