work problems latest update

following on from my visit from occ health which went very well.

i do not know if occ health have contacted management and HR yet but all day  yesterday i had health and safety area manager shadow me all day clock watching and making little notes in her pad...she was bored witless and i got the impression that she thought she was wasting her time.

it was not nice having her watch me(i hate anyone watching over my shoulder) but i think it went well and i think she was shocked at how busy i was all day.

i even had my two smaller breaks were i take paper work outside and do so i can chill out and have a ciggie and even this she was happy with as i was still working.

so now me thinks it is crunch time and management and HR have to make a decision as to what to do with me....

watch this space.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 1 of 96
See Most Recent
95 REPLIES 95

Re: work problems latest update

Thats awful cookie , so sorry

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 81 of 96
See Most Recent

Sacked or made redundant?

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 82 of 96
See Most Recent

mustava   dismissed from my employment. with no notice.

i am absolutly numb .

i am appealing the decision and going through the grevience procedure to see whwere that will take me,,,

.................................................................................................................
Message 83 of 96
See Most Recent

are you  going to appeal Cookie?

have you been onto your union rep?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 84 of 96
See Most Recent

Dismissed on what grounds?    Contact ACAS as soon as very possible for advice and assistance.

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 85 of 96
See Most Recent

Aww cookie, I'm gutted for you...I know how this has dragged on, & the stress must be horrendous 

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 86 of 96
See Most Recent

@mustavaquid wrote:

Dismissed on what grounds?    Contact ACAS as soon as very possible for advice and assistance.

you would have to read the begining of this post but basically my disability stopped me from doing a lot of extra work they tried to put on me.and i have to go through the grevance procedure fist before acas..

Message 87 of 96
See Most Recent

and i am not in the union.

Message 88 of 96
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear hat things have gone from bad to worse.

Good luck with the greivance procedure

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 89 of 96
See Most Recent

Cookie, I know what happened and I have posted on this thread a long time ago, but it could have been for a different reason that they have now sacked you. 

I appreciate that you have the grievance procedure to go through first, but I do urge you to at least look at the ACAS website to ensure that everything is done according to the rules & regulations.       Also, look at your contract of employment, especially at the part about notice and "pay in lieu" of notice.   If you don't have, and have never had from them, a WRITTEN contract, then the ACAS site will tell you what should apply, assuming they aren't already paying you for the notice period, which is also on the site.

Message 90 of 96
See Most Recent

cookie, I am so sorry to hear about this - I can't believe they've done this: please go through all their grievance procedure, though, and get in touch with ACAS (they are great - you can also ring them now for advice even if you cen't get them formally involved at this stage)

I have the following link bookmarked on my computer - (I hope you can post links here): this law firm seem to be very clued up in terms of employee cases, and will work with you even if you can't get to their offices etc - it can be done over email and/or 'phone.  I was recommended them by a solicitor friend (I have a boss who may well be finding out what "constructive dismissal" means one of these days 😄 ) who said they are not ambulance-chasey and have a reputation for being really straight.  I think it would be worth giving them a ring and asking their advice about whether they could help and what your options are.

Also, I know you've said you're not in a union, but if you join one now, they will still be able to help and advise: they won't be able to represent you, as you weren't a member when it happened, but they will still support you and let you know what to do, what your options are and all that.  I guess for your profession, it would probably be  Unison or the GMB that would be your union, but Unite might also (I'm not sure whether you'd come under housing authorities etc) - there is more info here, but if you just ring them, they'll be able to tell you http://www.worksmart.org.uk/unionfinder/unions.php?coy=-1&mar=22

I know you must feel awful and shell-shocked at the moment, but it's really important to start acting on this, as sometimes there are short timescales involved to submit grievances etc,and if you miss them, then your appeal etc gets ended on that technicality.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Message 91 of 96
See Most Recent

Ouch!  Lucky I have some soothing cream...

Turns out links aren't allowed - so the people you need to google are Landau who are a law company: which should get you there, but you can always PM me if you want more info: for some reason, I can't send initiate messages at the moment, but can respond. 

Message 92 of 96
See Most Recent

thanks for all your concern . i have sent a greivance letter to head office written by a very good friend who has worked with unions and acas most of his working life so it is worded very well .

i just feel really angry and sad that i never got to say bye to my favorite ressies and staff.

Message 93 of 96
See Most Recent

Good luck with the grievance letter Cookie.  Hope that things are sorted sooner than later.

Message 94 of 96
See Most Recent

The poor residents must be so unhappy at the loss of their lovely cookie Woman Sad

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 95 of 96
See Most Recent

@merc1_clocks wrote:

The poor residents must be so unhappy at the loss of their lovely cookie Woman Sad

that is the hardest bit to come to terms with.having to walk out without saying bye to them but i am hoping that after the appeal they will at least let me take them a card and some flowers and to say cherio to them..

Message 96 of 96
See Most Recent