gammon or ham..

following on from recent threads re lurkers and less people here these days, i've actually started a thread ( must be a year +  since i did one 🙂

but i am here every day, lurking !

so...having read the christmas dinner thread, what is the difference between gammon and ham ?

i want one for christmas and have no idea what to buy, nor really how to cook it   i believe in the past i have bolied it ? eaten it hot then had it cold. i don't have a slow cooker.

thank you

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Re: gammon or ham..

Not seen the cook in the bag ones either CG. I will have to look next time I am in there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

i heard on a programme the other day lots of the big supermarkets are all turning to put meat in sealed roasting bags to stop a lot of raw meat contamination and i think that soon all fresh meat from the big few will all be pre bagged...

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

It would keep your oven cleaner too. 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

That sounds like heaven to me no more oven cleaning.

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

This is what you want to look for, it's delicious!!  (this is frozen but it's fresh when you buy it)

Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

I will keep my eyes open for it CG.:)

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent