Need help with a password issue

Hi all. I've got a problem with ebay not recognising my password (one which I've had for years and haven't forgotten). I can get a temporary password to work so I can get logged in, but I can't use it to change things. I need to update the telephone number linked to the account, as currently the number linked is a landline, meaning that texts sent to it are in a spoken form and read out very fast, making it hard to understand. Also can't use that to sell stuff as I get logged into .com and not .co.uk

What i need somehow is for a password reset so that I can regain full access to my account, reset the password to what it should be and then reset phone numbers etc. 

Any ideas please?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, can't help with your password problem, but I don't understand this :

currently the number linked is a landline, meaning that texts sent to it are in a spoken form and read out very fast, making it hard to understand. Also can't use that to sell stuff as I get logged into .com and not .co.uk

I only use a landline, and never had that problem .  I sell stuff all the time and am always logged in to .co.uk.  I have never been logged in to .com.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

When a text is sent to my landline, it comes in a computerized voice and is spoken very fast, making it difficult to understand. Tried using the temporary password to sell, and ended up logged in to .com. went back to .co.uk and it said I had to log in again.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Smiley Indifferentto change your phone number

your myebay

summary page

accounts

on the left is personnelpersonnel info

on the left is address

edit/change is on the right

save it and then do paypal info

.myebay.gif

Petal
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Many thanks all, I have now managed to get the password reset to what it should have been in the first place. Only problem now is listing tool seems to have gone down. Oh well, onwards and upwards...

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

It would be a nice idea to tell everyone what you did to fix it in case someone else (who might be too shy to ask) has a similar problem slight_smile

You should fix (delete?) that photobucket pic which is only showing the "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting" image.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

OK, Here's what I did. Contacted ebay via twitter, they were able to send me a link which enabled me to reset my password.

The listing issue turned out to be a glitch when using the "sell similar item" link, the "create a new listing" link is working fine.

As for the photobucket thing, I'll have to look into that. Haven't used it for a while.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent