Left-Handers

Given that one in ten of the population are left-handed, I just wondered who else on this site is left-handed and what everyday things cause you the most problems?

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Left-Handers

There's a couple that live up the road from me who are both left handed.  They've got two sons and a daughter.  One of their sons is a leftie as well but the other son and their daughter are right handed.  Also, our plumber and his wife are both lefties but both of the sons are right handed.

Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

Left-Handers

I remember them too - they were useless.  with the blue/black ink set into the desk.  Half the nibs never worked.  You'd have to bend them about for ages to get them to write more than three words, and unless they were properly set, they used to snag your exercise book.  There was absolutely no shape to them so you couldn't grip them properly, and as for writing your signature - O.M.G!  The post office had them on their counters - this was years before the ballpoint pens came into their own.

Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

Left-Handers

We were never allowed to use ball point pens.  When we finished with those horrible nib pens we had to provide our own fountain pens.  If you were posh you could get a cartridge pen, with those you didn't have to carry your own glass bottle of ink around!! Woman LOL

Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

Left-Handers

yet I'm left-handed when firing a bow and arrow, or rifle,

Are you left eyed? My son is and had to use a lefthanded bow despite being righthanded.

We used to keep lefthanded scissors in the workshop for any lefthanders to use.

Left-Handers

my 2 daughters once told me that apparantly left handed people were originally twins but kill there right handed sibling very early in the womb..

strange but maybe true

also my oh use to shoot and went though a stage of trying to train me to shoot a shotgun but i am left handed right eyed and left  footed for balance so he said i had no bl##dy chance....

@bankhaunter wrote:

Are you left eyed? My son is and had to use a lefthanded bow despite being righthanded.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

Left-Handers

I started left handed at infant school, but it was seen as a sign of the devil, so i had to keep my left hand behind my back and learn to write with my right hand. I sew, iron even dig left handed,

Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

Left-Handers

Oddly enough my left handed son uses a fountain pen because he finds it easier.  He is the only left hander in our family but then he would be.

Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

Left-Handers

@cookiecookuk wrote:

my 2 daughters once told me that apparantly left handed people were originally twins but kill there right handed sibling very early in the womb..

strange but maybe true

also my oh use to shoot and went though a stage of trying to train me to shoot a shotgun but i am left handed right eyed and left  footed for balance so he said i had no bl##dy chance....

@bankhaunter wrote:

I read in a newspaper or magazine a few years ago that all left-handers start out as twins and one dies in the womb.

Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent