Eneloop batteries.

EBay just informed me that some eneloop aaa batteries I bought in MAY last year should not be used. Given I only have 30days to return it leaves me out of pocket by £21. I already suspected they where dodgy as they wouldn't hold a charge but didn't realise this until I came to use them 4months after purchase (bought as backup). I have since thrown them away. I had already informed eBay about 16 aa batteries,I  had bought from a different seller, previously which I thought where fake,  eBay said 'as 30days had expired they wouldn't do anything' contacted the seller to no avail. Contacted Panasonic and they confirmed they where fake. Told eBay but eBay did nothing. Contacted seller who just said it's what he got from wholesaler and he did nothing.

i am now £65 out of pocket and eBay have done nothing other than tell me 8mths too late that the aaa bats shouldn't be used.  Don't expect anyone to reply. Am just warning others to be careful. You may not know your eneloops are fake till it's too late (supposed to hold 80% of charge for 12mths) so may not use straight away like myself. Don't expect help from eBay if this is the case for you.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Eneloop batteries.

You will have to claim from your funding source, if it was Paypal you get 180 days. Otherwise it is your bank.

This happened to me last year only this time it was Christmas lights. like you, it was too late to use the 30 day ebay MBG and the cost wasn't enough to bother with a charge back or anything else so we made the decision to let it go.

******************************************************************************************