💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 22.06.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

When a Royal Mail postage label is bought through ebay, why do ebay mislead buyers by stating it is 'tracked'. It's not.

If it's a parcel there may be a scan on delivery (if you are lucky), if it's a Large Letter there will be nothing - not even delivery confirmation.

But there is no 'tracking' at all.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi @kempseykate ,

Thank you for the question. If possible can you provide the example of which royal mail postage label you are purchasing or an item number where it has been in use?

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

My question this week is with regard to the list of followers which is now not available to sellers anymore. 

My list 6 months ago showed 83 followers - it now shows 99 followers. 

As I am now unable to see who is following anymore I am not able to send offers or messages for sales.

As I can now only see how many are there it makes me feel as if I am being stalked.

Can we either see our followers again or dispose of being told we have them. 

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

There's currently a glitch on the bulk editor. It seems to work ok if you're only editing a handful of listings but if you try to do the full 2000 that it allows then you can't edit international postage price. If you select to edit the international postage then it'll allow you to select countries, delivery service, rate tables etc and they all stick. But when you enter the actual price and click Done then it knocks it straight out and goes back to "Enter a P&P charge". Nothing I do will make the postage price stick. It wasn't like this when I last used it a few weeks ago so this is a recent issue.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

There's been a reported ransomware attack on Yodel / Collect+ and their site has been compromised that is effecting their delivery services.

See: https://www.yodel.co.uk/help-centre/delivery-disruption

There's been no tracking updates since Saturday and their network looks to have ground to a halt. I managed to avert one INR case last night after the buyer asked for an update, but I currently have 14 parcels in limbo at the moment with no clear indication when they will be delivered, or when the Yodel site and business will be up and running again.

Can eBay in the UK put out an email to its members advising of severe delivery delays and/or how do sellers avoid late delivery strikes and INR claims due to Yodel?

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

There's currently a glitch on the bulk editor. It seems to work ok if you're only editing a handful of listings but if you try to do the full 2000 that it allows then you can't edit international postage price. If you select to edit the international postage then it'll allow you to select countries, delivery service, rate tables etc and they all stick. But when you enter the actual price and click Done then it knocks it straight out and goes back to "Enter a P&P charge". Nothing I do will make the postage price stick. It wasn't like this when I last used it a few weeks ago so this is a recent issue.

Hi @rainbowtrax ,

Thank you for sharing this detail on the bulk editor. I'll take this to the relevant team for review.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Thanks kat@ebay . Here's a screenshot of where it gets stuck. Every time you enter a price it throws it straight out again.

Untitled.jpg

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

@cleaner4coaches wrote:

My question this week is with regard to the list of followers which is now not available to sellers anymore. 

My list 6 months ago showed 83 followers - it now shows 99 followers. 

As I am now unable to see who is following anymore I am not able to send offers or messages for sales.

As I can now only see how many are there it makes me feel as if I am being stalked.

Can we either see our followers again or dispose of being told we have them. 

Hi @cleaner4coaches 

Thanks for reaching out.

I'll feed this back to the site development team to review for future updates. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

@drgwalker wrote:

There's been a reported ransomware attack on Yodel / Collect+ and their site has been compromised that is effecting their delivery services.

See: https://www.yodel.co.uk/help-centre/delivery-disruption

There's been no tracking updates since Saturday and their network looks to have ground to a halt. I managed to avert one INR case last night after the buyer asked for an update, but I currently have 14 parcels in limbo at the moment with no clear indication when they will be delivered, or when the Yodel site and business will be up and running again.

Can eBay in the UK put out an email to its members advising of severe delivery delays and/or how do sellers avoid late delivery strikes and INR claims due to Yodel?

Hi @drgwalker ,

Thank you for this update on the issues Yodel are currently facing. As this would fall under the responsibility of a 3rd party company and not eBay directly they would not be able to report communication on it.  We would not have access to regular updates on their system. 

However I will feed this back to the relevant team on our side to ensure it is monitored.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

kat@ebay 

Sorry, I should have said in my post!

Royal Mail Standard 2nd Class (and I assume it's the same for 1st class)

I don't normally use postage labels on ebay for Large Letter because of this false info, but I did manage to find one from May - item number 234564081772 - this will never update to show delivered, because RM do not scan standard Large Letters.

This is the item number for a more recent Small Parcel 2nd class label - 234592416652. As you can see (?) it has delivery confirmation, but no tracking along the journey. So there is no way of knowing how far an item has got if it doesn't arrive with the buyer. A properly tracked serivce will show you all the stages along the route.

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

Thanks kat@ebay . Here's a screenshot of where it gets stuck. Every time you enter a price it throws it straight out again.

Untitled.jpg

Thank you for this @rainbowtrax . It's really helpful.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

kat@ebay 

Sorry, I should have said in my post!

Royal Mail Standard 2nd Class (and I assume it's the same for 1st class)

I don't normally use postage labels on ebay for Large Letter because of this false info, but I did manage to find one from May - item number 234564081772 - this will never update to show delivered, because RM do not scan standard Large Letters.

This is the item number for a more recent Small Parcel 2nd class label - 234592416652. As you can see (?) it has delivery confirmation, but no tracking along the journey. So there is no way of knowing how far an item has got if it doesn't arrive with the buyer. A properly tracked service will show you all the stages along the route.

Hi @kempseykate ,

Thank you providing the example.  I can understand now what you are advising of with regards to the tracking.  I 'll feed this back to the shipping team.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi @drgwalker ,

Just wanted to follow up with you regarding the yodel delivery service issues. We have now communicated it on our postage update board to keep members updated. It will continue to be monitored. 

I'll include the link  here 

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.