Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 20.03.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, and @dave@ebay Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 34
See Most Recent
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @rainbowtrax 

I have already replied to you, please check your notifications.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 21 of 34
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks wrote:

marco@ebay wrote:

@choughed-to-bits wrote:

Can I please ask, when will Ebay start clamping down on business sellers selling on private accounts? I have seen several in the categories that I sell in with 300+ listings and buyers are not getting their full rights as the acccounts are flouting Ebay rules.

Hi choughed-to-bits, thanks for your question.

This is constantly under review, if you see accounts that you don't think are in compliance with our policies/procedures, please continue to report them.

Thank you,

Marco

Who actually reviews it please? Just the reports we get back mention AI look into and find no policy breaches whereas I can see huge ones each time I report a listing. Any chance we could know the department who review the reviewing? 

Hi pg_kicks, thanks for your reply.

As advised before, internal processes including staff information is for private information and for internal use only, so while I appreciate you'd like more information, we are not in a position to disclose this kind of information.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 34
See Most Recent

Hi,

I have received a defect "transaction cancelled for being out of stock" for an order wich has been dispatched, but has been lost in transit.  I issued full refund to the buyer as they left negative feedback stated "item not received". I sell low value items and use non tracked service, like many other sellers in similar category.  CS representative couldn't help me to remove this defect stated I do not have tracking number for this order. But the issue is I received defect for cancelled transaction, but it never been cancelled.  Could you please look into it as it is absolutely unfair defect. 

Kind regards

Natalja 

Message 23 of 34
See Most Recent

@nat_pol wrote:

Hi,

I have received a defect "transaction cancelled for being out of stock" for an order wich has been dispatched, but has been lost in transit.  I issued full refund to the buyer as they left negative feedback stated "item not received". I sell low value items and use non tracked service, like many other sellers in similar category.  CS representative couldn't help me to remove this defect stated I do not have tracking number for this order. But the issue is I received defect for cancelled transaction, but it never been cancelled.  Could you please look into it as it is absolutely unfair defect. 

Kind regards

Natalja 

Hi nat_pol, thanks for your question.

If you confirm the item number, I can look into it for you. However, just to set up the correct expectations, this doesn't necessarily mean that we will be removing the defect.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 24 of 34
See Most Recent

@messier44000 wrote:

Can you send us a screen shot showing the option for reporting 

a business seller who is trading on a private account.

Hi @messier44000 

If you search report a seller in the help pages the first option should be to report an issue with a seller. From there click report a seller at the bottom of the page:

daveebay_0-1710946075350.png

Then select Seller has violated a policy:

daveebay_1-1710946155374.png

from there select other and fill in the details:

daveebay_2-1710946215035.png

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 25 of 34
See Most Recent

Please can you advise if any of the many issues with search functionality being discussed here are being looked into and when they are likely to be resolved?

This has been ongoing for months and as a person who spends all day working on Ebay the issues are very much apparant and are hindering my productivity and causing me to be able to not find what I am looking for. Thank you.

Message 26 of 34
See Most Recent

Sorry that is an answer to a different question.

My question was not where to fill in a box with aditional information.

It was where is the option where it specifically says reporting a business seller 

on a private account. I can not see it in any of your images.

BTW not had a reply , other than the usual generic ones in 17 years

Astronomy is looking up
Message 27 of 34
See Most Recent

Good afternoon Marco

Can you understand that many sellers including myself cannot accept the reply you give us all each week stating there is no issue with ebays EDD.  

It appears that this issue is not being escalated to higher powers that be.

It is so obvious to us there is an issue, my question to you, is, how on earth can you not see what we are seeing with regards ebays EDD.

Best wishes

Message 28 of 34
See Most Recent

Hi Dave,

I followed this procedure this week and was told there was nothing wrong with the seller. Just completed it again and it will not submit. 'We ran in to a problem'.

Message 29 of 34
See Most Recent

@mafrack-87 wrote:

Hi, I placed a Click & Collect order that was supposed to be shipped with tracked delivery, but seller didn't upload the tracking and the order progress is not updating. Will I receive the collection code once it arrives at the selected store, and if not is there a way to fix it? Thank you 

Hi mafrack-87, thanks for your post.

If you don't receive the item, you can always open up an item not received case after the estimated delivery date passes. Otherwise, you can contact the seller to see if they have any updates. However, you will be protected, so don't worry about it. If you need further assistance on that case, you can always create a thread on any of our boards, and you will support that way. If you need us to look into it again, you can tag us on the thread as well if you wish, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 30 of 34
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Good afternoon Marco

Can you understand that many sellers including myself cannot accept the reply you give us all each week stating there is no issue with ebays EDD.  

It appears that this issue is not being escalated to higher powers that be.

It is so obvious to us there is an issue, my question to you, is, how on earth can you not see what we are seeing with regards ebays EDD.

Best wishes

Hi lincolnshiremarine, thanks for your question.

I see where you are coming from, and I totally see your point. We are always reviewing the samples we are provided with to make sure we are not missing anything and double check there are no tech issues. However, the questions or queries you're flagging with us are the same, so the answer would remain the same. We are also passing this on as feedback, so your thoughts on EDDs can be taken into consideration as well, but as I said before, it is working ok at the moment.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 31 of 34
See Most Recent

@vintagewatchpart wrote:

Please can you advise if any of the many issues with search functionality being discussed here are being looked into and when they are likely to be resolved?

This has been ongoing for months and as a person who spends all day working on Ebay the issues are very much apparant and are hindering my productivity and causing me to be able to not find what I am looking for. Thank you.

Hi @vintagewatchpart 

I haven't read the thread so I cant say if there are any tech issues relating to it. Ill read through it today and check against any know issues.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 32 of 34
See Most Recent

@messier44000 wrote:

Sorry that is an answer to a different question.

My question was not where to fill in a box with aditional information.

It was where is the option where it specifically says reporting a business seller 

on a private account. I can not see it in any of your images.

BTW not had a reply , other than the usual generic ones in 17 years

Hi @messier44000 

Unfortunately there isn't an option for that exact topic but as with issues that are not in the selectable options you can choose the other option and the policy team will review it.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 33 of 34
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Hi Dave,

I followed this procedure this week and was told there was nothing wrong with the seller. Just completed it again and it will not submit. 'We ran in to a problem'.

Hi @cobwebcottage 

Ive seen this happen sometimes if there are multiple reports for the same issue from the same account. If you give it 24hrs and you're still seeing the error let me know.

Thanks,

Dave 

eBay
Message 34 of 34
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.