💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 13.09.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

Why has the my eBay summary page been reversed.

Is it a glitch or deliberate?

The sequence was bids/offers, watching, orders.
Now it's the other way round with orders first.
I have to scroll past 60 days of old orders to find my watch list or any live bids/offers I've made.
Is putting unpaid order items right at the top of the summary page a way eBay mistakenly think will prompt non payers to pay?

Also please don't just tell me to select my watchlist from the drop down menu instead. 
It's littered with annoying adverts for similar items. 
At least on the summary page those adverts are at the bottom out of the way.
Message 2 of 43
See Most Recent

We have an issue where "Free 3 day postage" green tag goes from our listing in the evenings. Usually 7PM or later it's gone from all listings. In the day time it shows as it's showing now.

Our listings have the right settings to show "Free 3 day postage" but I need to try and figure out why during peak shopping time is it removed from ALL our listings?

Thank you for helping

Message 3 of 43
See Most Recent

I'd like to ask, when we use the 'seller help' link to request feedback removal, is this actually looked at by a human or is it automated, or is it a bit of both?

I've had removal requests refused where the feedback is clearly in breach of eBay policy but I've also had feedback removed where I didn't think it would have been. I've even had two very similar feedbacks for the same reason, one was removed, one wasn't.

It all seems very hit and miss and it would be reassuring to know exactly how this works, please.

Message 4 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi there Community Team,

I would like to ask what ebay is doing about the flood of wrongful lawsuits that are in action or are coming very soon for ebay sellers big and small, private and business, used and new items.

This comes from the ebay Global Shipping Programme and companies in the U.S using two-bit attorneys who use A.I to find people to attempt to file lawsuits against - for allowing the potential purchase and shipping of certain genuine goods to the U.S.

I accept that some companies will be deliberately selling fake goods under brand names on ebay but there are people selling GENUINE PRODUCTS from GENUINE SUPPLIERS.

I thought Webinterpret was the biggest scammer that had fallen through the ebay net, having only realised that by clicking on an email form within ebay that I had AGREED & my listing count months later had tripled overnight and was going to cost me a substantial amount of money to relist items in different languages.

Again this was a fix which I had to make myself with zero support from ebay.

Can you please escalate the lawsuit issue and make sellers aware of the potential millions of $ Dollars they could be facing.

Kind regards

Rod

Message 5 of 43
See Most Recent

Sorry to be bringing this up get again, but PLEASE PLEASE can we get delivery dates to be shown as  accurate. I have had so many buyers tell me they will not shop on Ebay anymore because of false promises - which, by the way,  they think is down to sellers.

Attached a screenshot of an order just in - 15 minutes after my cut off time today ,and next dispatch day Friday 15th. Tells me to dispatch on 15th - shows buyer delivery from 15th. 

Message 6 of 43
See Most Recent

@retroclub wrote:

We have an issue where "Free 3 day postage" green tag goes from our listing in the evenings. Usually 7PM or later it's gone from all listings. In the day time it shows as it's showing now.

Our listings have the right settings to show "Free 3 day postage" but I need to try and figure out why during peak shopping time is it removed from ALL our listings?

Thank you for helping

Hi there, 

Thank you for this, sounds like it may be linked to your cut-off times for dispatch.

Could you send me one or two item numbers as examples and I'll have a closer look?

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 43
See Most Recent

dave@ebay

Hello,

I submitted applications to sell in new categories for both of my accounts, 'sweetmeme' and 'camelmocha,' over a month ago, but I haven't received any updates.

Can you assist please? Thanks!

Message 8 of 43
See Most Recent

@douglaspuglas wrote:

I have to scroll past 60 days of old orders to find my watch list or any live bids/offers I've made.
Is putting unpaid order items right at the top of the summary page a way eBay mistakenly think will prompt non payers to pay?

Also please don't just tell me to select my watchlist from the drop down menu instead. 

Hi douglaspuglas, thanks for you post.

No, this is not a technical issuel, our service design team is constantly working on this. I will pass this onto them, so they are aware. If you could also send your feedback on the link that says "" on the summary page, we would appreciate it as well.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 9 of 43
See Most Recent

Last week I received a 24 hour ban from the boards for advising a poster that they were incorrectly registered as a private seller. Is this a new rule now that responders cannot mention this?

The ban said that Ebay already has the means to alert incorrectly registered members. Does this mean that Ebay will now actively challenge businesses registered as private sellers? As the report system, tried and tested, does not work.

Message 10 of 43
See Most Recent

@darth_baggins wrote:

I'd like to ask, when we use the 'seller help' link to request feedback removal, is this actually looked at by a human or is it automated, or is it a bit of both?

I've had removal requests refused where the feedback is clearly in breach of eBay policy but I've also had feedback removed where I didn't think it would have been. I've even had two very similar feedbacks for the same reason, one was removed, one wasn't.

It all seems very hit and miss and it would be reassuring to know exactly how this works, please.

Hi @darth_baggins,

Thank you for your question.

It's a bit of both. The help pages are designed to try to get a member help as quickly as possible.

Due to this if the feedback can be automatically removed or denied the system will do this. The rules with feedback can be quite clear, so most feedback can be done by the system.

If it's more complex a member of our team reviews. If you are unhappy with a decision you can appeal it or speak to our teams via traditional customer support channels like a call back.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 11 of 43
See Most Recent

Thats what I thought but it's not linked to the cut off time as you still show fast and free/green for sellers at 11:59PM and it's still showing now past our daily cut off.

Example: 255039225991 now is showing fast/free after cut off time. Last night 8PM this was not showing it.

Every listing currently shows fast/free as it's the day time which has been fine. It's evening when it drops from all.

Message 12 of 43
See Most Recent

@manchestar wrote:

dave@ebay

Hello,

I submitted applications to sell in new categories for both of my accounts, 'sweetmeme' and 'camelmocha,' over a month ago, but I haven't received any updates.

Can you assist please? Thanks!

Hi there,

The usual turn around for this process is two weeks.

Did you use the form here- https://cloud.forbusiness.ebay.com/new_categories?

Many thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 13 of 43
See Most Recent

marco@ebay wrote:

@douglaspuglas wrote:

Hi douglaspuglas, thanks for you post.

No, this is not a technical issuel, our service design team is constantly working on this. I will pass this onto them, so they are aware. If you could also send your feedback on the link that says "Tell us what you think" on the summary page, we would appreciate it as well.

Thank you,

Marco

Thanks for clarifying it's deliberate not a glitch.

I've already left feedback about to for all the good it will do.

Message 14 of 43
See Most Recent

@rodsretros wrote:

Hi there Community Team,

I would like to ask what ebay is doing about the flood of wrongful lawsuits that are in action or are coming very soon for ebay sellers big and small, private and business, used and new items.

This comes from the ebay Global Shipping Programme and companies in the U.S using two-bit attorneys who use A.I to find people to attempt to file lawsuits against - for allowing the potential purchase and shipping of certain genuine goods to the U.S.

I accept that some companies will be deliberately selling fake goods under brand names on ebay but there are people selling GENUINE PRODUCTS from GENUINE SUPPLIERS.

I thought Webinterpret was the biggest scammer that had fallen through the ebay net, having only realised that by clicking on an email form within ebay that I had AGREED & my listing count months later had tripled overnight and was going to cost me a substantial amount of money to relist items in different languages.

Again this was a fix which I had to make myself with zero support from ebay.

Can you please escalate the lawsuit issue and make sellers aware of the potential millions of $ Dollars they could be facing.

Kind regards

Rod

Hi rodsretros, thanks for your post.

We are unable to provide legal advise here, if you wish you can get in touch with a lawyer for further assistance.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 15 of 43
See Most Recent

@louisianna wrote:

Sorry to be bringing this up get again, but PLEASE PLEASE can we get delivery dates to be shown as  accurate. I have had so many buyers tell me they will not shop on Ebay anymore because of false promises - which, by the way,  they think is down to sellers.

Attached a screenshot of an order just in - 15 minutes after my cut off time today ,and next dispatch day Friday 15th. Tells me to dispatch on 15th - shows buyer delivery from 15th. 

Hi louisianna, thanks for your post.

I reported this for you before, and the technical team confirm there was no issue from our end. So, this is working as designed. 

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 16 of 43
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Last week I received a 24 hour ban from the boards for advising a poster that they were incorrectly registered as a private seller. Is this a new rule now that responders cannot mention this?

The ban said that Ebay already has the means to alert incorrectly registered members. Does this mean that Ebay will now actively challenge businesses registered as private sellers? As the report system, tried and tested, does not work.

Hi there,

Saying a member is a private seller would not be against our community guidelines. It could more so be how this conversation took place.

As it is a live chat here I am unable to review but I will review after 3pm and will send you a private message to follow up with more information. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 17 of 43
See Most Recent

Hi.  Why my account been restricted for 3 days after person from eBay customer service told me that I can relist my item. That is not right! I only do what eBay told me to do. Why I should pay for someone mistake?

Message 18 of 43
See Most Recent

Thank you Marco, myself and others have instructed an Attorney. I did not want any legal advise from the community team thanks. I want other ebay members to know what is coming for them if they are signed up to sell pretty much anything via GSP to the U.S. 

Hopefully enough people will see this and become aware of what is happening.

Kind regards

Rod

Message 19 of 43
See Most Recent

I appreciate you reporting it marco@ebay but how can it possibly be working properly when it is giving impossible dates to customers. 
Its not fair on sellers or customers and makes us look like liars. They are not even shown an 'estimated delivery' its made to look like a definite.

Theres so many sellers that complain about this weekly, but the powers that be seem to just ignore what the sellers are saying. 

Message 20 of 43
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.