💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 12.07.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay , dave@ebay , and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

The mobile/tablet page layouts apply a grey color filter to listing photos. The images below show the item page with the original photo overlayed on the right-side. No editing was done on the eBay listing photo editor. 

This error/design is misrepresenting items by causing darkening and a shift in color temperature depending on user screen settings and is more likely to lead to item not as described claims. Near white photos are especially affected as brightness values above 240 (on 8-bit) are cropped.

This occurs on Android Chrome and EDGE browsers.

mob3.pngmob4.pngmob1.pngmob2.png

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

@gomimart wrote:

The mobile/tablet page layouts apply a grey color filter to listing photos. The images below show the item page with the original photo overlayed on the right-side. No editing was done on the eBay listing photo editor. 

This error/design is misrepresenting items by causing darkening and a shift in color temperature depending on user screen settings and is more likely to lead to item not as described claims. Near white photos are especially affected as brightness values above 240 (on 8-bit) are cropped.

This occurs on Android Chrome and EDGE browsers.

mob3.pngmob4.pngmob1.pngmob2.png

Hi @gomimart 

Thanks for the extra examples, Katie escalated this to be reviewed last week after the chat, I'll add them to the report.

We don't have an update on this yet but we let you know as soon as we have one.

Thanks,

Dave 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Thank you - this is also occuring on the seller shop view (on mobile and desktop).

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi , I have received an item from GD Sales I didn't order. The item description is a HCG-3 4"COMP GUAGE.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

@gerric9126 wrote:

Hi , I have received an item from GD Sales I didn't order. The item description is a HCG-3 4"COMP GUAGE.

Hi gerric9126, thanks for your message.

Have you placed an order on eBay recently? It could be the item sent by the seller, but unfortunately they sent the wrong item. On top of that, you could try checking with your neighbours to see if that's something they ordered, but it was delivered to your address by accident.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi,

Do you have any idea when the Dispatch by dates will be fixed?  Also I mentioned previously on another thread that the postage and payment information on each listing does not match.  I have attached a screen shot to highlight what I mean - they all say "delivery" Royal Mail 2nd class.  This seems to be the same for other users to and not just for 2nd class.

Thanks

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi,

I thought I posted this a few minutes ago, but I can't see it now.  Sorry if it does post twice.

I was wondering if you know when the dispatch by dates will be fixed - I know this was an issue last week.  It seemed to be fixed for one day but is now incorrect again.  Also, something has gone wrong with the postage and payment on each listing - this seems to be across most sellers.  I have attached a screen shot as even though the "service" is showing as correct, the "delivery" is showing as 2nd class on all and again, 1st class is showing as arriving after 2nd class.

Thank you

postage all 2nd class.jpg

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

@charmingdesignsdna wrote:

Hi,

I thought I posted this a few minutes ago, but I can't see it now.  Sorry if it does post twice.

I was wondering if you know when the dispatch by dates will be fixed - I know this was an issue last week.  It seemed to be fixed for one day but is now incorrect again.  Also, something has gone wrong with the postage and payment on each listing - this seems to be across most sellers.  I have attached a screen shot as even though the "service" is showing as correct, the "delivery" is showing as 2nd class on all and again, 1st class is showing as arriving after 2nd class.

Thank you

postage all 2nd class.jpg

Hi @charmingdesignsdna 

I spoke to the shipping team about this one yesterday, they are currently looking into whats happening. Unfortunately I don't have any more info yet.

As soon as I have an update on it I'll post on this thread 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

@gomimart wrote:

Thank you - this is also occuring on the seller shop view (on mobile and desktop).

Hi @gomimart,

I wanted to share an update that we have heard back from the team that this is a part of the testing for the new listing view. They have made updates to a few aspects of the page including the images.

On the view listings page or the shop page with the test there will be a feedback option along the right. They have asked that you leave any feedback there. The team reviews all of these feedbacks and uses them when reviewing the test and making decisions moving forward. 

katieebay_0-1689176528253.png

I have also noted your feedback on our side too.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.