Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Can sellers mislead with sizes?

I bought an item that is stated to be a 12 (UK), it is an 8 at a push. (I know UK sizes arent exact, but the difference here is drastic). Seller requires original packaging for a return, but a vacuum seal meant I couldn't see the absurd disparity 'ti...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

I have to pay for return postage - item faulty

As a seller in the past I've had to pay the postage costs for a buyer to send an item back to me, despite not accepting returns and the item being as described. I recently purchased a sink plug which costs under £4. It didn't fit the sink or any sink...

Case closed?

I purchased a Volvo V50 headlamp which turned out to be the wrong part for my car. Having requested a refund, the seller has refused and the case is now closed????Order no. 04-11392-88158. Bought 1/4/24

Return label incorrect size

Hi problem with a return. .Seller accepted return and provided label hower the parcel is to big for the label. .They don't seem to be sure how to physically upload a new label to the return case. . They want to arrange a collection from my house .Col...

Refund

A seller has confirmed they will refund for a faulty product but I need to open a case as their refund period has passed. When I go into the order there is nowhere to open a case. The only actions are buy again, buy similar or sell. Any ideas? Thank ...

Multiple issues with multi-item order

Hi all, looking for bit of info/guidance on the correct way to handle this one.I purchased 5 books from a large Ebay seller. Seller posted them out (tracked) as two separate packages, both of which I received today. They (all 5 items) are now showing...

Large Refund granted. I paid with a CC

Hello. I have been "successfully" refunded after about 2 months. I noticed my original payment was via Nationwide CC. That is where the refund has gone. After 3 weeks it still has not appeared in my CC account. I have had CC refunds in a matter of a ...

Gpu sent in bubblewrap no box.

So I bought a gpu. Seller messed me about with dates but I was patient and got the card very late. Now it has turned up today In what I think is bubble wrap and then a bin bag over the wrap. No box and I can feel the card edges with my hand through t...

Anyone confirm this refund?

Hi. Seller sent items not meeting description, I opened a return, seller offered me 70%, before I accept this. Can anyone confirm that1/ This is what I'll be refunded or is this the balance after the refund2/ This doesn't seem to work out at 70%  

Screenshot_20240402_091611_com.google.android.gm.jpg
User avatar by Engager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do I have to pay extra for insurance?

I've paid for a repair service on Ebay where I send an item off to be repaired. The seller says that to get a higher level of insurance on return postage I have to pay extra (I'm already insuring the item when I send it to the seller). From what I ga...

not as described

I am trying to raise a return as item not as described, i purchased boots described as size 5 only to receive size 4 when i fill in details and photo it still says the seller does not accept returns. help please

User avatar by Contributor
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Warranties not hounoured by eBay UK

I have a FAULTY diesel heater 4 months old advertised with 3 year warranty, eBay think it is ok to close ALL returns stopping me from returning faulty goods for repair or refund. How is this allowed to happen in the UK should I go to trading standard...

Am I abusive buyer

I had an item I bought in January and it stopped working properly. I tried to follow the help section and got to the part where I selected return item. The seller refunded me. I got a abusive buyer email the same day. I tried to contact eBay on the p...

Received partial refund but item is still faulty

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice please on a purchase which has gone wrong. I bought a second hand Apple Pencil for my new iPad. The listing description said it was working and it comes with the lightning adapter. When I received it, the lighting ...

Got buying related questions? Start here: