Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution
Returned item because it wasn't as described and seller is not picking it up from the post office

Hi,

Can anyone please help, I returned an order because it wasnt as described via a Ebay case. I have tracking and it shows Royal Mail tried to deliver the parcel but its now at the sorting office waiting for collection or redelivery. I have emailed the seller but I have had no reply. What happens if they don't collect the returned parcel? Do I still recieve a refund?

Thank you

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to twotimevintage

You only have to prove attempted delivery to win a case.

Other Answers: 2
Community Member
Answered

I have now seen the other comments and messages.  The sad thing is that sometimes the customer service agents do not fully understand the detail of what you are saying.

We are all convinced that eBay's rules say that when returning an item to the seller then attempted delivery is enough.

One thing I am not 100% certain about. You say you "returned" it.  Did you do that through a "not as described" case?  And did the seller send you the return postage label?

If so I think that this is possibly a situation where - if you can find a way to access it - it would be beneficial to try "live chat". The advantage is that you [and eBay] have a record of what you are really talking about. Even if you do not get the result straight away then you can return later and another operator will see the correspondence.

Community Member
Answered

Have you escalated the case and have you entered the tracking details?

If so all should be well. As advised the seller cannot avoid by simply not getting the parcel