Return label has no tracking, how can I progress my return as it never gets marked as 'delivered'.

I bought a couple of USB flash drives which turned out to be fake goods, I contacted the seller but they didn't respond so I opened a return request, the seller then provided a return label (which didn't have tracking) which I used, I kept proof of posting but that's all I have.  The returns process demanded a tracking number otherwise it would automatically close the case so I entered a dummy tracking number which it accepted.  Now the automated returns system is waiting for tracking updates which it's never going to get, and there's no obvious way for me to escalate this further.  I already provided proof of posting to the seller but they've yet to provide a refund.  What can I do to get a refund out of the guy?  He has his fake goods back for sure by now.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

If it was ebay generated label, tracking updates when you take to PO.

If seller provided label, it does not have to tracked, escalate to ebay.

This is from MBG.

If a seller chooses to offer the buyer an untracked return label and eBay is asked to step in and help, the buyer will not be required to provide proof of delivery or signature confirmation. Learn more about.

Answers (0)