Highlighted
Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution

Tested 64gb sd card. Proven to be fake.

I left feedback accordingly, to warn prospective 'bargain' hunters, stating I had tested with 'H2testw' & 'SDInsight'.Provided the evidence to seller & Ebay.

Eventually received refund but seller has left comment under my feedback calling me a liar !

Ebay advice line tells me they cannot remove the 'comment' as it is not feedback left.

I consider this unfair, not only to me, but also other buyers who will only realise the con when they try to retrieve data later on !

...Also possibly libelous ?

Community Member

Re: Tested 64gb sd card. Proven to be fake.

in reply to frankoldshep

You can't libel an anonymous user ID

So no, it't not libel

Nobody can see it on your feedback which is why eBay won't remove it

Community Member

in reply to frankoldshep

@frankoldshepwrote:

I left feedback accordingly, to warn prospective 'bargain' hunters, stating I had tested with 'H2testw' & 'SDInsight'.Provided the evidence to seller & Ebay.

Eventually received refund but seller has left comment under my feedback calling me a liar !

Ebay advice line tells me they cannot remove the 'comment' as it is not feedback left.

I consider this unfair, not only to me, but also other buyers who will only realise the con when they try to retrieve data later on !

This was a very small and recent seller of SD cards, which are so often faked, or their capacity faked, that a prudent buyer wouldn't buy from a very small and recent seller. He now has no items listed, whether of his own free will or otherwise we can't know, and with such items and that feedback, he's dead.

The prices were suspiciously low. Of course he may have been duped himself, by an unscrupulous wholesaler. But your concern is  with what the eBay buyer gets.

I don't believe much besides threats, obscenity or racism get feedback replies removed. It seems reasonable for sellers to get a bit of leeway in criticising the buyer, when it is to defend theselves. Less reasonably perhaps, it seems to extend to silly spite. I don't think  anybody is going to take the slightest notice of that reply. But if you like, you could add a followup saying something like "My doubts whether his parents were formally introduced were later, and unspoken "  They don''t like the idea that people are laughing at them.

Community Newcomer

in reply to myriad*seller

Thank you myriad, 'didn't realise it was anonymous. But now notice seller has no more offerings !

So it appears all is well, cheers.

Community Member

in reply to frankoldshep
Well, unless your full name is Frank Oldshep! Smiley Very Happy

Community Member

in reply to frankoldshep

@frankoldshepwrote:

Having read the other negs you have left as well, it looks like you need to read ebays feedback policy on whats allowed to be said in FB 

Community Member

in reply to hogglesid
Smiley Surprised

You are not allowed to use the C word in feedback! Smiley Surprised

Even if you did try to disguise it! Smiley Surprised
Community Newcomer

in reply to mr._standfast

Many thanks mr-standfast,

I should have mentioned that once I saw that items 'sold' [65+) did not tally with the low feedback , I asked seller why so. He replied, saying they were a small family company and only just started out. That was the only time his family was mentioned. NEVER by me !

Thanks for your time & comments.

Frank.

Community Newcomer

in reply to myriad*seller

Knuckles considered rapped thanks !

Community Member

in reply to frankoldshep

@frankoldshepwrote:

Many thanks mr-standfast,

I should have mentioned that once I saw that items 'sold' [65+) did not tally with the low feedback , I asked seller why so. He replied, saying they were a small family company and only just started out. That was the only time his family was mentioned. NEVER by me !

Thanks for your time & comments.

Frank.

Since attention has been drawn to your feedback left, it does show that you have bought fake cards in the past, and should have been well aware of the possibility when you saw one from such a new seller at well under the going price. Vulgarisms or cunningly dodged vulgarisms are usually a signal saying "disregard this".

Still, there is another. The seller's reply said "REPORTED", and if such a report led to your being considered inviolation over feedback or transaction, the feedback would have been removed. Really the seller is saying "Unsuccessfully reported" or even "Wonder if I can impress anybody by saying I reported him?"

Community Member

in reply to frankoldshep

I am surprised that this Neg wasnt removed "Cr*p item ! Also, BUYERS NOTE, SELLER NEVER LEAVE'S ANY FEEDBACK !!!!!"

Have to say you seem to have been very unlucky on ebay going by the amount of Negs you have left for others!

Community Member

in reply to jh-middlesex

All very true, but it didn't turn the clock back and make the sellers did what he left it for. eBay generally recognise this by removing a comment but leaving the effect on the seller's score intact. A person can give inappropriately-worded negative for an appropriate reason.

Community Member

in reply to frankoldshep

@frankoldshepwrote:

Knuckles considered rapped thanks !

My eyebrows are now stuck in the "surprised/shocked" position! Smiley Surprised

Does anyone sell eyebrow normaliser? 

Smiley Very Happy

Community Member

in reply to jh-middlesex

You think that feedback was bad, I think this one is worse. "LYING LITTLE ChUNT !! WARNING Do NOT TRUST this thief" 

Those were the days when you could say what you like and ebay wouldn't removed your feedback. 

Chunt or chuntering means to mutter or grumble incessantly, so it's ok. It's in the dictionary as they say on Countdown. laughing