Highlighted
Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution

My item arrived damaged

Hi,

my item arrived damaged (which in my personal opinion was because it was not sufficiently packaged) and I have opened a return request with the seller. However, the seller is expecting me to wait for the couriers (parcel force) investigation for compensation rather than letting me return the item for s full refund. 

Should I have to wait for this investigation or should I be ab,e to return the item and get a refund straight away?

(I personally would have thought I would be able to return it and not have to wait?)

Community Member

Re: My item arrived damaged

in reply to at4328

If you have Opened an Ebay Case the Seller has 8 days to respond. If he doesn't accept the Return and issue a Returns Label, escalate the Case to Ebay on day 9.  You are dealing with Ebay, whatever the Seller is doing with Parcel Force is his problem not yours  Just stick with the Case  

Read the Ebay Money Back Guarantee is on every Listing Page.

Community Member

in reply to willslock

@willslock wrote:

If you have Opened an Ebay Case the Seller has 8 days to respond. If he doesn't accept the Return and issue a Returns Label, escalate the Case to Ebay on day 9.  You are dealing with Ebay, whatever the Seller is doing with Parcel Force is his problem not yours  Just stick with the Case  

Read the Ebay Money Back Guarantee is on every Listing Page.

That is all good advice. You can keep the case open for up to thirty days if you feel there is a reason to do so. But you have said that you don't think this is a blameless seller who has had his item crunched despite good packaging. Besides, opening and winning a case won't prevent or change the result of his Parcelforce claim.

I don't suppose you will ever hear from Parcelforce, or if you do, it will probably be only for a simple confirmation that there was a damaged item. Don't throw out the packaging for the moment though, and if they ask, you shouldn't say it was well packed.

Community Newcomer

in reply to at4328
I have kept the packaging and apparently parcel force are sending me a form to complete. I am definitely going to keep the case open.
I also stated to the seller that the claim with parcel force was his problem, and not mine. Yet he still will not accept the return to refund without the claim going through.
I will definitely take your advice (thank you) and say it was inadequately packaged as the box rattled inside the packaging before I opened it - clearly unsuitable for a heavy item.

Thank you both very much for replying Smiley Happy