Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

Combined postage paid but P&P feedback automatically giving Seller 5 stars ??

I bought 2 items from same seller 3 weeks ago and paid £3.95 combined postage....paid using PayPal 14 day grace, as I always have. Gone to leave seller feedback but stopped when I realised they have automatically been allocated 5 stars because I wasn't charged postage?

The purchase order clearly states the postage I paid (as does PayPal) but on my eBay Purchase list page, it says Free postage for this?

I phoned eBay to see what was going on, but 2 CS said they had no clue.....after 90 mins of talking to eBay I was beginning to get seriously hacked off, they said someone will call you back, which they did after 10 mins.... This rep was incredibly rude to me as implied the reason for the free postage showing was due to the fact I hadn't paid for my items???? but she could see the postage charge on the invoice.

Despite the fact it clearly showed the PayPal transaction ID no. she continued to shout and rant and rave by constantly talking over me so I couldn't reply to her accusations of me not paying.. Been a member since 2005 and my account status is excellent. After 15 mins of her shouting at me, I had a huge headache and my BP was raised, literally! 

She insisted I be transferred to PayPal and pay immediately!!!!!?? I couldn't even speak due to there being no verbal pauses from her.....so the call is ended by this transfer and I speak with PayPal who happily confirmed what I already knew, that of course payment has been made, with postage!. I asked if she could speak with eBay, but said no, if I could use another phone at the same time and re-contact ebay, she would relay/confirm to me via this way?? I said No, not going to happen.

So, 3 weeks later, this purchase is still showing as FREE POSTAGE?

Interestingly, another combined purchase with postage is showing the same? But I have been able to leave feedback for the postage as usual.

I have never been spoken to so rudely by an ebay customer services rep (or any other) in all these years and I am certainly not going to phone them again,.......but can anyone shed any light on this blip re free postage showing and the seller automatically allocated 5 stars?

Community Member

Re: Combined postage paid but P&P feedback automatically giving Seller 5 stars ??

in reply to sparklesbrightly

I can't believe you spent all that time and effort just because a seller got 5 stars for P&P!

There are far greater things to worry about in the world Smiley Frustrated

--------------------------------------------------------------
Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.
Community Member

Re: Combined postage paid but P&P feedback automatically giving Seller 5 stars ??

if the fact someone is getting 5 stars for postage automatically and that it says free postage bothers you that much, i think you need to find a new hobby to keep you occupied!

Community Member

Oh my! Such happy people on here lol!
I couldn't give a stuff if seller gets 5 stars....my concern was if my account had a problem or if eBay had a problem...and more importantly, the way my query was handled by eBay cs...geez take a chill pill folks