Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Is this some form of shill bidding?

Hi. I'm wanting to bid on an item but I checked the current bids and noticed that the same person has put in about 100 bids since 5th April with only a few bids from others. It looks very strange - could it be some form of shill bidding? I know we ca...

Collaboration ?

Have you noticed that sometimes seconds after making a bid someone else outbids you when there have been no previous bids during the preceding days ?Have you ever thought that so called rival sellers could be collaborating to increase the price by bi...

User avatar by Member
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I remove followers who are spying me?

Hi, I do not sell on Ebay, I only buy. Unfortunately a rival collector has worked out what my user name is and has started following me, to keep track of what I buy and who from. To my mind this is clear 'spying' (I wanted to use the word that starts...

Uk buyers now not allowed to buy from America!

Has any other UK buyer had this problem? I'm absolutely disgusted with eBay for ever implementing it. It's so discriminating and weird. Basically if you're in the UK, you are now no longer allowed to buy from any seller in America, no matter how hard...

VAT

I am living in Northern Ireland and my ebay account is registered in GB. I am currently bidding on an item from a seller who is located and registered in UK. They are also a Private seller. Why is my bid notification stating that VAT will apply, shou...

Where did these bids come from?

I won an auction today but am confused where the other bids came from? I was the only bidder & watching the auction clock count down to zero. After this I got the 'congrats' message but the price had gone from my starting bid of £120 to £143 (still u...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preview bid a blank screen

Hello, can anyone help, I cannot make any bids or buy it now as the preview bid is a blank screen. Same issue for buy it now. Problem occurs in firefox, chrome and brave. I have tried clearing cookies , waiting a day, switching computer on and off, b...

suspicious bid activity

Hi there,just here to ask about suspicious bidding activity, on an item im bidding on an account repreatedly outbid itself 4 times and it was a behaviour i found odd? so i was wondering if this user could be a bot? the blue ones are the potential bot...

ebay.PNG

bidder is not a registered user

Hi, I am watching an item I want to bid on, however on checking the bidders (and show automatic bids) the only bidder is a not a registered user, the same bidder is the only bidder? and the item has something like 20+ bids from this same bidder, the ...

No more Bidding ?

Is it just me or is everyone eles having same, no one bids anymore just waits for last minute and takes at starting price, is it better to do Buy now price or what, least u get some profit?

New Bidding Screen not good for the Mr Magoos, forcing errors

New Bidding Screen not good for the Mr MagoosThe way 'time remaining' is written is forcing errors for me."Ends in 1h 50m""Ends in 1m 50s"The "in" and the "1m" (or "1h") look similar, and I've found myself accidentally thinking there's just 50s left ...

Bidding

Hi I very rarely bid but, could someone tell me why when I increase the bid by 50p I am outbid fed in milliseconds?! Is it some sort of automatic increasing bid by the seller or can the prospective buyer use it too? Thanks all

I think my fiance has been scammed!

Just wondered if anyone can help?My fiance won an item last Sunday (6 days ago) for 99p. This was his first ever auction and he paid instantly. In total the price was like £5.50. The item was described as Opened- never used and had apparently been we...

Resolved! eBay Auctions

Just participated in my first Auction on ebay. The amount shown for the winning & second bids (£16.19 & £15.19) looks like they might have included the p&p of £4.69 (e.g. £11.50 + £4.69 for the winner). Is this how eBay auctions work i.e. are the bid...

Got buying related questions? Start here: