Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

Problem with Return

I have an open returns request  for a item valued at £65 which for me is quite a high value item.  I approved the request and sent a lable via ebay and the buyer has infomed me that they returned this last Monday and has given me the parcelforce 48 hour tracking number.  I have checked the tracking this morning and find that the item has not been delivered due to an adress query.  I understood that the lables sent by ebay come direct from your ebay details so im not sure why parcelforce say that there is a problem with the address.

The buyer, as I am , are very concerned and as this hasnt happened before im not sure what my next course of action should be.  Interestingly enough the tracking number hasnt been put onto the returns case and I understood that as soon as the label was used this is automatically done

Any help would be appreciated   Has this ever happened to anyone else

Community Member

Re: Problem with Return

in reply to chinareplacementskent

How recent was this?  If it's just in the last day or two then don't worry, soothe your buyer and just wait.

I'm pretty sure I've seen other couriers use the "address query" thing as an excuse for them delivering late due to being overworked, it may not even mean that there's any problem at all.

Community Member

You need to call Parcelforce, they will advise you why it's saying there is a address query, if there is a issue you can tell them over the phone the correct address you want it sent to

Community Member

in reply to thai_fashion_clothing

Thank you 

Community Member

in reply to rightgrand

Thanks for your help.  I must admit im having a bit of a nightmare at the moment with addresses.

One buyer contacted me last week after non delivery and amazingly! (according to the buyer) ebay was clever enough to mix her postcode with her parents address and thats why the courier must have got confused Why was she surprised that it hadnt arrived?  After giving the correct address to the courier its now on its way.  One thing that made me laugh is that she said she had trouble with couriers before, not really surprising if you dont make sure the correct address is on your ebay record

Then I have just finished talking to another buyer who asked her daughter to buy something on her behalf as she didnt have paypal and asked why it hadnt arrived.  When i infomred her that it went to the address on the ebay account where the payment came from (as she requested) she exclaimed oh no My daughter left her husband last week so she hasnt been living there so her husband had probably thrown it away!  Now why didnt i know that?  Sorry NMP Tracking indicates delivery to the registered address on the ebay account and does not forsee buyers change of personal circumstances.  I do sometmes think buyers think we have a Crystal ball

Community Member

After I changed my address with Ebay, my first purchase showed my new address but with my old postcode.

Luckily I spotted it and on checking, found I had not made a mistake, it was down to Ebay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a meaning to the above post but, due to decrepitude, I have temporarily forgotten what it was.