Highlighted
Community Member

Partial Refund Issues?

Had an issue recently where I issued a refund for a buyer.

They contacted me to say they had not received a full refund.

I checked, they are right, they did not receive a full refund.

I have no idea how they ony received a 50% refund so logged a call at the weekend for a call back. I was told I would wait 1 minute ... 30 minutes went by and I had to go out. While I was out, they called. So logged another call back. They haven't called me back. I've been waiting for that call back since Saturday afternoon.

I cannot go back into the case to issue any more refund as the case is now closed.

I want to refund the buyer, but eBay is preventing me. I'm aware this could be done through PayPal, but that isn't the issue. It's a sticking point that eBay will keep their porton of the fees if I do it through PayPal.

Anyone else had similar?

Community Member

Re: Partial Refund Issues?

in reply to so_last_century_rockin

Did they buy more than one item?

If not, I cannot imagine how they only received 50% refund. I did not know it was even possible to do that?

Community Member

in reply to canvas_demon
sorry, yes, I forgot to say they bought 2 items.
The invoice was for 2x item + P&P but refund was straight down the middle 50%. I didn't notice as I'm sure I wasn't given a choice.
Community Member

Just off the phone from eBay CS.

They told me that when the buyer opened the case he had indicated 1 of 2 items not recieved, so when I ticked the 'send refund' button it didn't give me any choice but to only give a 50% refund (but this was not explicit - or I didn't notice?) Either way, I did what was requested of me.

eBay advised me NOT to go to my PayPal account to issue a refund but wait for him to open a PayPal case for the remainder of the monies as that is the only way I'll get my FVFs back.

The buyer had left Negative Feedback, which has been removed.
Community Member

The buyer has now left an orange blob for 'late delivery'. I've asked for a refund reversal. (I knw that won't happen, so I also asked for the blob to be removed).

Meanwhile, regarding a quirey about how to pay the remaining refund, one enlightened eBay staffer has advised me to choose "I'm sending money to family or friends".

That's Superbrand customer service for you!

Community Member

It the negative feedback has gone, the orange blob should go  - sometimes it takes a while.

Community Member

in reply to booksandpatterns
The orange blob was left after the neg was removed.
Community Member

It may have shown up after the neg was removed (they tend to show at certain times when the seller assessment is done) but it wouldn't be possible for a buyer to leave a late without leaving feedback.

Did you run the report to check that it was from that sale? Another possibility is that if you uploaded tracking, the bots may have picked up that it was 'late'.