Negative feedback given but has disappeared

I gave negative feedback to a seller for what he/she  claimed i have not checked the parts comparrison chart !! I had done a comparrison check and the photo on the listing was what i wanted . I recieved a item that was poor quality and was not the item i ordered . They said i was in the wrong and would have to pay postage . lol.... My issue is how has my feedback dissapeared and if they have managed to get Ebay to remove it and have done this for other neg feedback how does that give a true representation of a company selling **bleep** !! how does that protect buyers or should i say how does it help a buyer to make up their mind whether to buy from them . If ebay has removed it then they should be giving the buyer the oppertunity to have it reinstated for good reason otherwise ebay are covering up bad sales practices. 

Message 1 of 282
See Most Recent
281 REPLIES 281

It's neutrals have dropped from 138 to 130 for the year but that could just be as we move from month to month. This month they've had only 7 neutrals but i can assure you they've had negatives. Believe me, if you have to deal with this seller, you leave a negative so I'm not surprised they have more negatives than neutrals!!!! I'll check my screenshots & their dates.

Message 41 of 282
See Most Recent

Right, my first screenshot is dated the 24.11.21 & they've had 9 negatives since that date including todays 2. Obviously 6 were removed leaving the 3!!!! Before that I remember 3 more negaitives just before my first screenshot. Plus some more that I posted in my earier comments.

Message 42 of 282
See Most Recent

What is the number of positives negs and neutral for the month ?  just trying to put the numbers into context  

Message 43 of 282
See Most Recent

This month it's 2056 pos, 7 neutral & according to ebay, 3 negatives!!!! I'd have to go through my posts to tell you how many negatives that should really be. I'd say minimum 15 for this month!!!!

Message 44 of 282
See Most Recent

I used to trust eBay seller feedback and this experience has shown me that I can't.

I'll certainly be using eBay less now.

Message 45 of 282
See Most Recent

I've had one who couldn't and refused to believe that the earrings I sent her were black and white zebra striped, all of them are wrapped up in little bags. She said they were orange and black in a message to me. She then said I was rude. Which I was not. 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 46 of 282
See Most Recent

Obviously there are buyers trying their luck & you might have paid the price with a negative for that transaction. We're talking about something that is beyond that. The seller I'm talking about kept me dangling for over a week as they argued about the size of an item. They have now changed the size the size of that item to the size I stated it was. My negative just stating the events was still removed within an hour 

Message 47 of 282
See Most Recent

I can definately believe you  and empathise -  that happens occasionally - what we do is Thank them for their query and ask them to pop a photo of the item up on messages so that we can see if we have sent the wrong item and we will sort it out once we have seen the photo 

So at this point no confrontation - wait and if the photo arrives  it will usually show you were right - some customers will actually try and alter the colour but we can strip it back to the original and superimpose on a photo on the listing 

Then go politely back and  say your photo shows the item as black and white as does the advert photo - see attached 

Maybe the light that you were viewing it in threw a shadow or was reflecting on the earings and made the colour look orange

We hope that this answers your query 

Many Thanks for shopping with us 

All the best

Does this work - hmm 50 /50  - some will just accept it - others will argue black is blue literally !

Some will just come back and say it looks purple to me ! 

At gthis point we have answered the query and move on  - sometimes they leave poor feedback sometimes they don't  very rarely do they open a case - wonder why ?

Attached is a picture showing a listing photo and the customer photo stating the colour was nothing like the listing and the colour was different 

Message 48 of 282
See Most Recent

The feedback figures  comparing to our own which have had none removed  in the past month are

pos 418, neg 2 neut  3  

So if this seller was performing at the same rate as we do  you would expect 10 negs, 15 neutral   roughly but the information you are providing is  far worse if the negs were not being wiped out 

I like to think we set the bar pretty high  but obviously not as high as your seller !

Message 49 of 282
See Most Recent

It's a new month so I'll check once a day & report back at the end of the month. I'm expecting the 3 they have to disappear pretty soon & i'll only count new ones. I could also be missing some as they had 2 I think when I left mine & mine disappeared in an hour if I remember correctly!!!

Message 50 of 282
See Most Recent

Maybe we should all ask ebay to replicate the service for all sellers then it really would be mocking buyers - I was looking at another site earlier and it  openly stated any feedback less than 3 stars out of 5 would be removed !  

I switched straight off it and bought on ebay 

I can't for the life  of me remember what the site was  - it came up on google search for a specific item 

Let's hope I didn't pick a seller who has all their neg feedback removed ! 

It could all be genuine policy removals - but it does not sound like it from what you say  

Message 51 of 282
See Most Recent

I think it's worse if it's ebay policy!!! It would mean ebay has made it impossible to leave a negative unless you set your head on fire while dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight!!! I'm leaning way more towards the sellers being able to do something themselves. There's plenty of big sellers that have a normal amount of negatives to positives to neutrals. It does make me wonder about the 100% sellers now as they might not be!!!

Message 52 of 282
See Most Recent

It went from 3 to 4 & the last one disappeared overnight. Checked today & all gone. 0 negative feedbacks despite their as described stars going even further down!!! Unbelievable!!!

Message 53 of 282
See Most Recent

The seller I bought from has had 6 negative feedback removed in the last 48hrs, he's back up to 100% positive feedback, despite receiving around 10 negatives.

This is pretty disgraceful if eBay are allowing this to happen.

Message 54 of 282
See Most Recent

I totally agree!!!

Message 55 of 282
See Most Recent

I totally agree.
Message 56 of 282
See Most Recent

These figures that you and chrismadley are sharing do not bode well for buyers and sellers - buyers should be able to get a balanced and fair view from other buyers 

It is one of the major reasons for a seller to strive to improve - if it is simply a case of asking ebay to remove feedback that a seller does not like -  the incentive changes from striving for excellence  to striving to give a cloaked impression that excellence has been achieved  

As a seller we cannot agree with this policy - it is not only a biased view but also degrades other sellers efforts where negatives are accepted as a reality of selling  and the reduction of negative experiances is achieved by constantly learning from these perceived poor experiances

Message 57 of 282
See Most Recent

Can't argue with that!

Message 58 of 282
See Most Recent

I can see what 'my' seller is doing, sending a cheap product instead of the item purchased (a Gaggia coffee machine in my case), using the tracking code of the cheap product to claim he's sent the item and when negative feedback is left, having it removed some how. Seen another 2 negative feedback left and removed in the last 24hrs. Seems eBay aren't interested in stopping it either.

Message 59 of 282
See Most Recent

I think I am dealing with the same seller. Have you had any luck with eBay support in getting a refund? I also see multiple negative feedback left every day and then removed, I have taken screenshots each time but it's always the same story. 

Message 60 of 282
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: