Is it time for me to pull from Ebay

When I first started with Ebay about 15 years ago it was a life saver for my business during the recession of 2008 and then we were able to press on and do extremely well. We would regularly do £3000-£4000 a month turnover. Everything was ok until about a year ago and we have seen our fees go up the cost of advertising through promosted listings (Im paying up to 15% on all my promoted listings) on Ebay go up which means our prices go up and eventually it appears totally unsustainable especially when other platforms we use are fantastic for us at the moment. Last month £3500 on a similar platform. Ive just got my Ebay September statement ....less than £450 and nearly 25% going on Ebay fees...Anyone else having the same experience  and finding Ebay not the best for small business anymore. To be clear we have an excellent record with customers 5 star feedback across the board.  If you have had similar experience and turned a corner with Ebay what did you do with your listings /Ebay shop? very reluctantly Im really thinking its time for me to pull away from ebay as its not worth the effort anymore and reaching out to Ebay doesnt seem to work either

Message 1 of 43
See Most Recent
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Is it time for me to pull from Ebay

Hi do you know if hmrc can find a closed ebay account

Message 41 of 43
See Most Recent

Yes I would think so

<>
Message 42 of 43
See Most Recent

Yes they will be able to so make sure everything is up to date especially if like me you are running a business. If you do even with these changes you shouldnt have anything to worry about 

Message 43 of 43
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: