Estimated delivery dates (yes again)

I know this has been done to death and eBay staff just repeat the 'working as intended' mantra but this simply can't be right.

I bought something from a seller I get supplies from more than a week ago and it's still not arrived. I realise delays are inevitable at this time of year but I thought I'd just check the EDD and I'm gobsmacked by the disparity between his and mine.

Ordered on November 27, seller has a 1 day / same day handling time and posts 1st class, yet the EDD for my order is December 5th - 8th.

I compared one of my listing to his.

Seller - as above - same day dispatch before 3:30pm, sent 1st class. EDD is December 12th to 15th, so basically at least a week to arrive.

My listing - five working days handling time and I send 2nd class. EDD is December 8th to 13th. So eBay as usual are telling buyers they may get the item before I even have to post it.

So a seller with same day dispatch and 1st class post gets longer EDD than a seller with 5 day dispatch and 2nd class post.

I know they're supposed to be 'dynamic' but there's just no way that this can be described as 'working as intended'.

Message 1 of 196
See Most Recent
195 REPLIES 195

Re: Estimated delivery dates (yes again)

The only way is to let us Sellers have full control of the listing and what appears beside it.

Message 161 of 196
See Most Recent

Totally Agree, Yet again i got an 'angry' buyer blaming me - "You advertised 3 day postage ??? No chance ! Please refund my money as my event has been and gone. Waste of my time"

Where we all know it's Ebay putting the unrealistic delivery dates - Item sent on 4th (earliest it can leave) - Ebay tells buyer they'll get it on 6th. Buyers dont understand the delivery dates are Estimated dates and are taken as delivery dates. They also dont understand we are NOT now in control of the estiamted dates. I expect the buyer will get the item today/tomorrow - BUT thats no comfort as there event was on the 6th /7th i expect. (Yes buyers probably need to take some responsibility - but as we know it's us sellers are blame for everything - However we try to ensure we are performing as ebay expects as to - but things in their control are causing us fustration) 

marco@ebay Dave@ebay

Ebay needs to make this clear - why are use sellers having to fire-fight something which is out of our control. Last thing i want to do is let my buyers down. Alot of my/our time is taken up fire-fighting something, which ebay can easly resolve to give us more time selling

Message 162 of 196
See Most Recent

Buyer purchased item Friday evening & the original EDD was showing Monday/Tuesday - 8th -9th April delivery for RM48 tracked when the next dispatch day was today, Monday the 8th. - this is totally wrong as RM48 takes approx 3 working days for delivery.

Just printed the label & added tracking & the original EDD shown to the buyer on Friday have now changed  shortened 1 day & changed to the 7th- 9th April - that is Sunday/Tuesday - meaning the earliest delivery was yesterday even though item has only been dispatched today Monday or the latest next day for 2 class !!!

Screen Shot 2024-04-08 at 09.08.46.png

I though someone at the ebay's towers got fed up with all the reporting from frustrated sellers & decided to fix it, but no such luck!

Seriously fed up with this on going situation !

david@ebay can you please contact the EDD's team again & ask them to read all the numerous threads on the subject going back 3 months at least, as I dont belive they're aware what's going on otherwise they'd fixed it long time ago.  

Why is the EDD going backwards in time once the tracking is added ?? showing delivery a day before item is even dispatched ???  & 1-2 days earlier then the original EDD's buyer seen in the Order Details when they purchased the item ?

This is all broken, please ask the EDD team to look again.

Message 163 of 196
See Most Recent

@best-range

I couldn't`t help but laugh when I saw your post ,IE  ,EBAY telling the customer it might be delivered on Sunday.

Royal Mail can only mangae 80% of mail delivered within

thier timeframe ..let alone Sunday.

I don`t think you`ll have much luck talking to the people work on this forum ,as past post by them say,"everything is working fine."

Message 164 of 196
See Most Recent

Hi Guys

There used to be a section where I could see the dates that Ebay stated delivery for the customer but I can`t find it .

Have they removed it or am I looking in the wrong place?

I`m current looking at order details.

Message 165 of 196
See Most Recent

Sorry ...I mean after the item was delivered ?

Message 166 of 196
See Most Recent

Just had an INR opened.    Card purchased on 6h April,  posted on 8th, Ebay forecast delivery date 9th - 10th (second class) and buyer needed yesterday so that's another £4.79  refunded plus £1.65 postage.

Message 167 of 196
See Most Recent

The estimated dates are all over the place on our listings.

We have it set that we don't work / post on a Friday so everything ordered today will be posted on Monday. The dates for these orders is shown as Friday 19th which is 2 days longer than it should be based on '48 hour courier'.

Just checked some of our listings and if ordered today, the EDD's are showing as 16th - 19th for the free postage (48 hour). The 15th (which is our dispatch day) - 18th for RM 1st class. Guranteed next day delivery as being the worst EDD of the 17th.

No one in their right mind would pay the extra postage for the guaranteed  delivery if Ebay says it will turn up later than the free post option!

These dates are a complete mess and don't make any sense!

Message 168 of 196
See Most Recent

SO it it gets worse ..now they are telling Uk customers that they will get a 2nd class delivery the next day.

Message 169 of 196
See Most Recent

Yes, posted some items today by second class, and EDD is tomorrow / Friday

Message 170 of 196
See Most Recent

I am going to Leicester ebay roadshow and have booked a 1:1 to mention ebays EDD'S.  I am armed with evidence, and will make sure I mention lots of sellers having the same issue.

Best wishes 

Message 171 of 196
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine 

Please  post on here and tell us what they have said .

If they deny there is an issue maybe let them see this topic in the forum.

Message 172 of 196
See Most Recent

Good morning everyone 

As everyone knows,  I have been going on about ebays estimated delivery dates for a while now.  I know many sellers including myself, have reported this issue to customer services, and the ebay weekly community chat team with no success.

All the items we send out are on the standard free, three working day delivery service via ebay packlink.  However, before printing off the buyers postage label the dates given to the buyers are correct, as soon as we print the label off, ebay tell the buyer it is arriving the next day, which is not correct.  

I went to the Leicester ebay roadshow and took a file full of evidence to show anyone that would listen to me at ebay.  I was very lucky, and managed to speak to the Chief Commercial Officer of ebay and showed them the evidence, and I left the file with them.  They have promised to look into this.

I explained that many sellers are in the same sitatuion as us, and I also included the times I had reported it to the weekly chat team, only to be told it was working and no issues.  I told them all they had to do was look at past weekly chat and this forum to see it is not an isolated incident.

I also mentioned the wrong parcels sizes on the Yodel packlink against Yodels own website.

I really hope that ebays resolves this for us all.

Best wishes

Message 173 of 196
See Most Recent

They are finally admitting there is an issue, I have a call with the shipping team as they reached out to me, not sure why I was picked, I only really complained about the bank holiday issues as majority of ym listings go via authentication so its pretty decent. Could others who are having the issues let me know what your dispatch time is set at and if you mind me mentioning your listings when I do have the call with them. Currently just trying to find a time that best suits us both.

@lincolnshiremarine I hope they do fix it but I also mentioned the businesses on private accounts at the Manchester open event which was over 6 months ago and pretty much every week since and all they've done it support said accounts, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

How did you find the Roadshow? 

Message 174 of 196
See Most Recent

Orders placed yesterday are showing despatch on 22nd with delivery 23rd -24th.     Orders placed today are showing despatch on 22nd with delivery 24th - 25th.    All being sent by Royal Mail second class.     I have same day despatch with a cut off of 7.15 am.   Feel free to use my examples with eBay.  

Message 175 of 196
See Most Recent

Only have the one order at the mo which came in yesterday. It will be sent RM 2nd class. I only post 3 days a week and have 3 days dispatch set for large letters. 

This is what it is showing on the order:-

Dispatch by 26 Apr at 11.59pm BST

Make sure you send your order within the dispatch time you specified in the listing.
Estimated delivery date shown to buyer: 24 Apr 2024 - 27 Apr 2024

Message 176 of 196
See Most Recent

irt303
Conversationalist

I've only lurked on this thread until now. I haven't been adversely affected by eBay's EDDs yet, but it's always a possibility, so I take great interest in the topic. I've read the 'official' responses to the subject on the weekly Wednesday chats (or whatever they're called), and am greatly disappointed by them, so I can only imagine the frustration experienced by those who have been, and still are, adversely affected.

I can't contribute anything substantial to this thread, but I just wanted to thank lincolnshiremarine and pg_kicks for their efforts, as well as anyone else trying to get eBay to admit (or at least recognize - "admit" is probably overly optimistic) that there is a big problem with EDDs. It's no fun repeatedly banging your head against a brick wall, and getting the same 'head in the sand' responses from eBay every time the issue is raised.

Based on those previous responses, it's highly unlikely that eBay will do a complete U-turn and openly admit that there are problems with the EDDs, since that would be tantamount to admitting that they were wrong to begin with. But, now that some 'higher ups' have been presented with clear and incontrovertible evidence, there is at least greater hope that eBay may remedy the situation quietly in the background, and that sellers (and buyers) will start to see realistic, achievable EDDs that don't require teleports or time machines!

So, again, thanks to those who are displaying resilience and pro-activity in the face of eBay's indifference and denial, and for being considerate enough to point out to eBay that they are far from being the only ones affected by the EDDs. Keep up the good fight - not that it should have to be a struggle!

Message 177 of 196
See Most Recent

Thank you for your kind words.

I will keep you all update.

Best wishes

Message 178 of 196
See Most Recent

Hi,

It was the first roadshow that I have been to, after being on ebay for 17 years.  My wife came with me and she was the one that composed a file full of ebays EDD's and spoke to the chief Commercial Officer.  She has now come on board to help me with ebay. 

We found it to be interesting and would go to another, some of the examples that ebay had the talks on were not relevant to us, but, I suppose you cannot include every business.

We spoke to a few sellers, (it was a shame we did not see you) and a lot mentioned postage costs and the EDD's.  

The 1-1 session we had, we both felt fobbed off to be honest when we mentioned the EDD issues, maybe if we were talking about another subject it would of been useful.

We have signed up for the pro trader, hopefully this will help with sales.

Best wishes

Message 179 of 196
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks 

Hi 

We had a call from a team member of the shipping team this week to discuss ebays estimated delivery dates further.  We had already provided lot of evidence of what is happening and I felt it went well. They are going back to the team to look further into this.  The reason why things have started to change is "they are aware many sellers have come forwward with this issue"

This statements shows we must keep reporting it with Customer services or on the weekly chat on Wednesdays at 2pm.  

Have you had any calls from the shipping team and how did it go?

Best wishes 

Message 180 of 196
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: