Highlighted
Community Member

Banned from selling indefinitely

Just received an email from ebay saying following a review of my account I am now restricted from selling on the site indefinitely

Top rated 3008 feedback premium service jumped through every hoop and they do this to me

I've a mortgage and a two year old and it was my only source of income. Unbelievable
I can't even contact them for more info as it's no reply
Not even sure what I've done

I've always provided next level service to my customers as you can see from my feedback
Unless they reinstate it, that's game over for me.
Community Member

Re: Banned from selling indefinitely

[ Edited ]
in reply to retro-watches-harrogate

Try ringing them?

Are you sure it is from ebay? Try listing an item and see what happens.

Community Member

Are you sure the email actually came from eBay and is not a phishing scam?

Log into your eBay account from a browser (not from any links in the email) and see if you have any notifications in your seller hub.

Community Member

in reply to 4_bathrooms

Yes

And I've lost my seller customer support so have sent them an e-mail

Community Member

Have you had any unresolved cases, or warnings about sending contact info to buyers?

Jo

Community Member

The American lady on phone confirmed that because I've had a few warnings in the past about Chinese goods I can no longer sell on eBay and need to find a new platform.
Community Member

I haven't sold any of the Parnis watches for over 6 months and can guarantee all my Swiss made watches are authentic

I'll just have to do website and amazon
Community Member

@retro-watches-harrogatewrote:
The American lady on phone confirmed that because I've had a few warnings in the past about Chinese goods I can no longer sell on eBay and need to find a new platform.

Can you elaborate on what those warnings were for?

There is nothing wrong with importing goods from China or any other LCC and listing them on eBay UK as long as the goods can legally be sold in the UK, do not infringe upon another's intellectual property and are listed for what they are (i.e. not passed off as being something they are not).

Community Member

I received a copyright infringement warning and immediately stopped selling the products
I guess they've seen I had a couple warnings on my account and took action
They can't give me any specific details

Need a proper job this is just impossible
Community Member

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but were they copies ?

Community Member

Known as homage Watches, often brandless but I've not sold them for six months after the warning and have a good business in pre owned Swiss watches now.
Community Member

*had a good business

Community Member

Thanks - I really wasn't trying to be flippant!

Can you not try to get someone from CS on the chat thing?  I find it a bit off that they won't explain why they're banning you in any great detail.

Community Member

@retro-watches-harrogatewrote:
Known as homage Watches, often brandless but I've not sold them for six months after the warning and have a good business in pre owned Swiss watches now.

Homage, replica, copy, counterfeit...It's really just semantics. None of these are allowed to be listed on eBay.

The punishment does seem a little harsh if you removed every offending listing as soon as you received the first warning, especially given the timescale involved. However, you surely must have realised you were going to be taking a risk selling these watches, regardless of the sales platform involved?

Community Member

I only ever described them as Parnis, the brand they were. I've not sold one for over six months. See my feedback for Rolex watches. Genuine.

I've not done anything other Ebayer's haven't. And the Chinese are still churning them out

They're happy to ruin my life it won't cost them much, watchfinder will make up the sales.
Community Member

'guarantee all my Swiss made watches are authentic'

I know from other areas that eBay say 'we're not experts on ...' which seems to mean they will take anybody's word over yours.

This is worst case I know of and why I'm very cautios about dealing with high value items on here.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paypal-makes-ebay-customer-destroy-2500-violin-seller-left-empty-handed...
Community Member

@retro-watches-harrogateretro-watches-harrogate wrote:
I only ever described them as Parnis, the brand they were. 

Having Googled them it seems they are a brand that, quite literally, copies Rolex designs. Although they don't display the Rolex brand or logo anywhere on the watch it is quite clear they are near carbon copies of Rolex designs from side-by-side comparisons.  

Imagine sourcing some half-decent Android hardware, packaging it in a case that is clearly a copy of the iPhone X design and selling it as a "Homage Smartphone". This would not be any different and would certainly have Apple Inc. pursuing you for intellectual property infringement.

@retro-watches-harrogateretro-watches-harrogate wrote:

I've not done anything other Ebayer's haven't. And the Chinese are still churning them out

I'm sure there are other eBay sellers still selling them. Maybe eBay will kick them off too or maybe they won't...I'm just pointing out that it is a fine line to walk.

Community Member

Thanks.
Not sure it's even that. Think it could be a link to an ex business partners ebay that's brought it down again.
Community Member

Yeah, apparently there's a strong link between my account and one that's committed some kind of bad behaviour even though it belongs to another individual I've not dealt with in 5 years. Absolutely unbelievable I can lose my business over the actions of another ebay user.
Community Member

Did it says something like " eBay are not happy with your business model" in the email you received?

If so, that's then removing you for selling copies

Apparently a chap has now copyrighted the name Parnis - so any not made by him are copies