Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

Another ebay glitch......

Today I was looking for some railway sleepers for a job I want to do in garden.

Found some fairly close to me with a BIN of £30.00. so opens up the listing to

take a look at sizes (lenght wise) and then notice the BIN price is £37.00

Why the difference? Its collection only so theres no delivery costs.

Wonder why theres this difference and if its happening on other BIN listings......

Community Member

Re: Another ebay glitch......

in reply to drowen_art

Is the BIN of £30 for a shorter length? 

What is the item No?

To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra; "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do; "Yaba Daba Doo!"-Fred Flintstone
Community Member

in reply to tony4cats

Your only option was BIN with no difference in time remaining.

I did contact seller and now it is reading as £37.00 on both actual main listing and the search list. He also

has the sleepers for sale on gumtree at a slightly lower price (probably added difference cover some of ebays fees.

I did contact the actual seller about this so whether or not he did something  to the listing I do not know.

Original list had the number 302690249098

Community Member

in reply to drowen_art

@drowen_art wrote:

I did contact seller and now it is reading as £37.00 on both actual main listing and the search list. He also

When i list something new i put a certain price. I do a search of the item & i may want to "Increase" the item price. Once i do that the original price is still visible for a certain time. IE: I view the item in my shop & the lower price is visible until i look at the actual item, & the higher price is visible.

Looking at that items "Revisions", i suspect that is what happened. You viewed the item at the original listed price & in the meantime the seller increased the price, & there was just a time lag for the update.

To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra; "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do; "Yaba Daba Doo!"-Fred Flintstone
Community Member

in reply to drowen_art

it seems that this is just a price revision

often it take some time for revisions to update in the search

Community Member

in reply to mnikolay80

Yeah looks like price revision was responcible for it.

Glad I made arrangements to view first.. He rated them b/c grade..

My rating would have been "somewhat lower" but at £5.00 a sleeper its what I half expected.

I didn't buy them as they would not have been suitable for the job I wanted them for.