Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

I have to pay for return postage - item faulty

As a seller in the past I've had to pay the postage costs for a buyer to send an item back to me, despite not accepting returns and the item being as described. I recently purchased a sink plug which costs under £4. It didn't fit the sink or any sink...

Can't view an item again after purchase.

For some reason, once you've purchased something, you don't seem to be able to view the photos of the item again anymore. It's extremely annoying that if you want to check a detail on the item, you can't open the pictures to check.Why do ebay keep ch...

How to get refund

Hi, So I purchased a ps4 for £87 it said collection only I agreed with the buyer to get it posted to me if I pay him a tenner straight to his bank account which I did. He said he could not access his money until I gave him the collection code which I...

User avatar by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remove very annoying 2 step verification process

How do I get rid of this supremely annoying thing? It's only been there a morning and I'm already sick of having to fetch my mobile phone to get the code. I am not surgically and unhealthily attached to my phone, it is not with me constantly and exce...

Case closed?

I purchased a Volvo V50 headlamp which turned out to be the wrong part for my car. Having requested a refund, the seller has refused and the case is now closed????Order no. 04-11392-88158. Bought 1/4/24

Can sellers mislead with sizes?

I bought an item that is stated to be a 12 (UK), it is an 8 at a push. (I know UK sizes arent exact, but the difference here is drastic). Seller requires original packaging for a return, but a vacuum seal meant I couldn't see the absurd disparity 'ti...

User avatar by Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is this some form of shill bidding?

Hi. I'm wanting to bid on an item but I checked the current bids and noticed that the same person has put in about 100 bids since 5th April with only a few bids from others. It looks very strange - could it be some form of shill bidding? I know we ca...

Expired beauty products

Is there no way to report listing for beauty products that are out of date? Listing in question has the batch number which I know is out of date as I had this batch number previously and brand confirmed to me how long it was OK for.

Search for clothing colours

How can you search for a top or a pair of trousers in say, a teal colour, when the applicable colour options are limited to blue, green or not speicified?

Is there really NO way to block a seller?

Yes, I know about search filtering. This particular seller uses a variety of techniques to manipulate listings and searches to her advantage - therefore it's very difficult to tell exactly when I need to filter searches to avoid her without filtering...

User avatar by Member
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Auto paid removal

How to remove or disable the option of autopaid on offers you made for a seller ... it's absolutely an the worse option in all ebay .... I am thinking seriously stop making offers if these option still active .... please how can I disable it or remov...

Help! - No Click & Collect barcode received, even though item has been delivered to C&C location.

Hi,Does anyone know how I can get ebay to send/resend a delivery notification including the barcode used for Click & Collect? They usually send several reminders if it isn't collected straight away, but I haven't received a single one and therefore c...

Got buying related questions? Start here: