threats of violence over INR
Summary: sticker_shed shared a frustrating experience involving a Royal Mail 2nd class postal service delay that led a buyer to accuse them of being a scammer and to issue threats when demanding a refund. jonatjonatjonat suggested that a refund could have been offered earlier to avoid escalation, while acknowledging the unacceptability of threats. cobwebcottage commented that while abuse is not acceptable, the handling of the situation could have been more professional and less confrontational. marco@ebay offered to report the issue further if provided with the order number, to which sticker_shed responded with the necessary details.

so Made a sale of a £6 decal Buyer opts for this Royal mail 2nd class postal service , of course we get a not received notice so I reach out to the buyer only to be called a scammer and he demands a refund .... being called a scammer did wind me up a tad so I telling him that's not on and he can now wait the full term prior to any refund. then I get threats of violence and he will be sending his guys round to sort me out over a £6 decal ... meanwhile I report him to eBay who say no case there is nothing here to worry about, the fact my contact details are all over the place leaves me fearful ... question is at what point is this kind of communication not acceptable? yes he has been blocked . but when are eBay going to support sellers properly ? read transcript .................
marco@ebay
Hi @sticker_shed , thanks for your post.
I'm really sorry to see this, if you confirm the item number, I'd be happy to report this from my end as well.
Thank you,
Marco
sticker_shed
OPyesterday at 9:58 AMorder number 25-15146-60854
cobwebcottage
·4 days agoAbuse is not acceptable although I don't think you handled the situation well. Writing in capitals is confrontational and as a business seller, you are responsible for the delivery even if RM have let you down. Saying 'I can't be held responsible' is just fuel for the fire.
jonatjonatjonat
·4 days ago100% on that/ we’d normally kindly ask if they might wait a few more days (though again it really depends how far past the estimated delivery date it is)
Can’t see all the correspondence but to say you didn’t purchase tracked postage, you are kicking off your post purchase issue by blaming the customer! Like the op says, it’s just a £6 decal. If the business model is to use untracked postage as standard, an element of loss needs to be built in.
jonatjonatjonat
·4 days agoMe personally I’d just have refunded if it hadn’t arrived after that amount of time. I’m going on the basis it was due 16th September and it was now 2nd October
That in no way excuses the threats at all but at the point they called you a scammer, just refund. It wasn’t the best idea to respond fully in capital letters telling them they could wait the longest possible time for a refund.