Seller wants me to cancel my refund case before they will pay me
Summary: miniaturebrats expressed concern about closing an eBay refund case after being asked by a seller to do so in exchange for a refund. They have been waiting for over three weeks for items that seem lost by a delivery service, and the seller repeatedly asks them to wait. **peaseblossom** advised against closing the case, warning that it cannot be reopened and suggested escalating it with eBay instead. miniaturebrats appreciated the advice, suspecting the seller's request was suspicious.
As the title says really... im pretty weary about cancelling the case before they refund me, especially as they've been mucking me around. Ive been waiting for 2 items for over 3 weeks now which it would seem evri has lost.
The seller just keep asking me to wait 24/48 hours, same thing every time I've asked them to refund me. So in the end I've opened a case with ebay for a refund. Now they are requesting me to close the case ASAP and then they will issue me a refund, but to be honest I don't trust them now.
I can ask ebay to step in from July 2nd, tried to speak to a real person by the damn ai keep going round and round in circles!
Hence I've come here.
Am I right in not cancelling the case? And if I did cancel it and they didnt pay or continued to tell me to wait longer... would I be able to reopen said case and if say I could would I then have to wait several days again for ebay to step in?
Sorry for all the questions.
tommystrezures
Mentor3 months agoAs "Pease" says the seller is trying it on, and if you close that case you wont get your item or your money back. IF you have a case open then on day four escalate it, to force the refund from eBay.
**peaseblossom**
Mentor3 months agoDo NOT close your case. You will not be able to open another one. Ignore the seller and escalate it to eBay as soon as you can.
miniaturebrats
OP3 months agoThank you. That is what I was worried about and sounded very fishy to me for them to request it.