Wanting me to close a case so they can send out the item
Summary: quotagious shared an issue with a seller who sent the wrong color spray paint and suggested closing an open case to receive a replacement, which they were advised against by sml192. sml192 recommended keeping the case open and pursuing a refund instead. quotagious has decided to keep the case active while awaiting further communication from the seller.
Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem with a seller ,
I purchased some custom spray paint for my car and he sent the wrong colour even though the description sticker on the tin was correct .
I got in touch with the seller and did everything he has asked for Photo's / Registration number of vehicle this has happened twice it's as if he doe's not believe me ,
I sent him a message asking for a update he did not reply after 5 day's it's been going on since the 10th August so I thought I would open a case which it didn't take him long to reply to the message side telling me to close the case ? He told me I have to close the case for him to send the replacement out ? and he put that I can reopen the case in a few day's ? NO
I did a search and it say's I can't I've come to the conclusion he is trying to get me to close the case so I he no longer has to go on with the case ?
He has replied to case message asking for my address ? strange as he should have it ,
Do I continue with the case his feedback rating is quite bad on his Negative side ,
Hope somebody can help
sml192
·2 weeks agoWhatever you do don't close the case as you won’t be able to open another on eBay. There is nothing stopping him sending a replacement and uploading the tracking for that to the return request (there is a specific option for that in a return request), however, personally I would be insisting on a refund now, rather than a replacement.
quotagious
OP2 weeks agoHello , I have mentioned to them to just reimbues me ?
I'm now awaiting a reply from them .
I've mainly bought on Ebay never sold yet but never came across this situation I will keep the case live and see what the outcome is .
Thank you for your reply
tommystrezures
·2 weeks agoWhen dealing with cases of this nature, its always best to get the refund then re purchase the item at a later date once you have the refund.
As @sml192 says DO NOT close the case for any excuses. If its not dealt with promptly you should be able to goto the case and escalate it to enforce the refund.