eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Get inspired!
Answer
skyfitter01
Community Member
How do I stop these really annoying "Hot Deal" pop ups

I am getting "Hot Deal" pop ups as a side bar and occaisionally at the bottom of the screen - can anyone advise how to prevent these?

Many thanks.

Other Answers: 13
theclosedbox
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

Ive tried everything. Using the settings on the bottom and setting them to "never" doesnt work.

I have contacted ebay around 5 tiimes...but back they come. If ebay dont sort this pronto they can get stuffed. I DONT WANT THEIR ADVERTISING......I aint swapping browser...Im on firefox with pop up and ad blocker. This is an ebay advert on their page..you cant stop it.

And anyway.....why should I go to all the trouble just because they cant be arsed to sort it?

EBAY.......WE DONT WANT THE DAMN HOT DEALS SIDEBAR BLOCKIN HALF OUR SCREEN AND HIDING THE TIME LEFT AND PRICE!!! Makes it unusable!

dlionheart
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to skyfitter01

1. Unhide files and folder in windows Explorer's View settings.

2. Go to 'C:/ProgramData' and look for the folder 'savinshop' and permanently delete the intruder. (you will have to close of your browser first if it is already open.

3. Once deleted you can also go to Add/Remove Programs and remove it from there by clicking to Uninstal it; Windows will know there's something wrong because it cannot find it, but Windows gives you the option to remove it from the list. Naturally you could try using Add/Remove Programs first if you like, however I do not trust that route fully in case the Windows Remove command looks for and executes an uninstall routine coding that 'savinshop' themselves may have installed and may not genuinely remove it properly. It's up to you.

4. Bare in mind that this pesky privacy/virus intrusion may return as it did when it somehow originally first appeared. Also just deleting it (as mentioned above) may leave stuff in the registry, who knows what else this programs is doing.

1902elder
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

Download Adblocker Plus. Quick and easy and gets rid of all ads.

bowersd86
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

I had this problem think its cured only time will tell.  Hot deals is by storimbo its not just ebay it appears on other online stores.  You have to unistall it from computer and if it pops up as see more when looking at an item click whats this.  There will be an option to disable it then the prob should go away i hope

kf3501
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

The problem here is not ebay but a virus called right coupon.type this into your search engine it explains how to remove it.I also downloaded an adware removeal tool and tried this.Go to your control panel and take anything off that you recently downloaded like covertor files ect or price right ect.take these off.you may even be able to roll your computer back using system restore.it took me some time but once you know what the problem is im sure you will be able to remove this adware hidden bug.

skyfitter01 wrote:

I am getting "Hot Deal" pop ups as a side bar and occaisionally at the bottom of the screen - can anyone advise how to prevent these?

Many thanks.

kf3501
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

The problem here is not ebay but a virus called right coupon.type this into your search engine it explains how to remove it.I also downloaded an adware removeal tool and tried this.Go to your control panel and take anything off that you recently downloaded like covertor files ect or price right ect.take these off.you may even be able to roll your computer back using system restore.it took me some time but once you know what the problem is im sure you will be able to remove this adware hidden bug.

bongmix72
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

i got it when added avast browser security app, 

topcat83
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

try another browser like  chrome or firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

or  http://tinyurl.com/chrome-by-google

you can download a popup blocker add on  for firefox

you cannpt stop them all but you can get rid of most

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stylistsown1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

Hi,

This isn't an ebay issue. To resolve: Go into your browser preferences (Chrome, safari etc), go to Extensions, Uninstall all the extensions you recently downloaded (it could  be any of them, they often are attached with these pop up adds).

This should work, it worked for me.

andyproc0161
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

I used Malwarebytes, the free version and it did the job, here's the link:-

https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/

ravenscraigbooks
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

I did loads of things to try it.  Now my internet security options block the ads.  That didn't stop them.

BUT, heypresto.

RIGHT CLICK ANYWHERE ON AN EBAY PAGE AS LONG AS IT IS IN A BLANK SPACE ON THE PAGE

A SMALL WINDOW POPS UP - SELECT VIEW PAGE INFO - THAT BRINGS ANOTHER PAGE UP - WHERE IN BLUE IT SAYS SHOW COOKIES AND SITE DATA - CLICK ON THAT - THERE ARE 2 TABS - ALLOWED AND BLOCKED

THE ALLOWED ONES ARE THE PAIN - GO TROUGH THEM BU CLOCKING ON EACH AND CLICKING BLOCK - MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE EBAY,CO,UK ONES

YOU HAVE TO KEEP GOING IN AND DOING THIS SEVERAL TIMES AND I WILL STILL KEEP DOING IT AS IT SEEMS IT CAN OPEN THE DOOR FOR MORE BUT IF YOU ARE WILLING TO KEEP AT IT, THERE WILL BE NONE LEFT TO BLOCK

WHEN YOU HAVE BLOCKED ALL THAT YOU WNT TO - IF YOU CLICK ON THE BLOCKED TAB YOU WILL SEE ALL THE ADS YOU HAVE BLOCKED

A GREY TITILE BAR WILL COME UP WHICH PROMPTS YOU TO RELOAD - GO AHEAD AND DO THAT AS THIS IS THE FINAL THING TO BLOCK THEM

THEN GO BACK TO DOING THAT RIGHT CLICK ANYWHERE IN THE PAGE IN A BLANK SPACE - SELECT VIEW PAGE INFO - ANOTHER WINDOW POPS UP - THE LOWER PART IS ENTITLED PERMISSIONS - LOOK FOR POP UPS - WHERE IT SAYS ASK BY DEFAULT - CLICK ON THAT AND YOU WILL SEE ALLOW AND BLOCK OPTIONS - CLICK BLOCK - I HAVE POP UPS BLOCKED 

COINSIDENTALLY - JUST BEFORE I SENT THIS I CHECKED AGAIN ON THE FIRST PART AND THERE WAS ANOTHER FOR ME TO BLOCK

SO THEY DO STILL COME IN BUT IF YOU DID THIS DAILY THEN IT SOULD MEAN THAT YOU ARE NOT WAITING AN ETERNITY FOR ALL THE ADS TO LOAD AND THESE TRACKING SITES ATTACHED TO ADS

yaks85
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

go to your browser preferences and remove any suspicious looking extensions

nick5.2012
Community Member
Answered
in reply to skyfitter01

Uninstall  storm cloud from add remove programs, its the onlt way to get rid, no ad blocker will remove them. I dont know how storm cloud gets installed in the first place, but if you get those "hot deal" things you an guarantee it will be installed on your computer and its nothing to do with ebay.