The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Social services/NHS no communication

I spend a lot of my time helping a friend who has a rare and debilitating illness and lives alone. An occupational therapist decided he needs a hospital style bed that raises and lowers so I organised storage of some of his furniture in a crowded spa...

clogs

do you find them comfortable to wear ..they are quite hard on your feet ..

The Fib dems

Saying nowt but. It isnae right is it? Just submit weird about this lot. https://twitter.com/i/status/1190956502711963648

Tonight's election - 3 declared and shocked already!

Not wanting to start a debate about the election, but I think this will be an interesting night. Blyth Valley has been won by the Conserviatives. I was too young to vote in 1974, but it has been an interesting seat for many years - though not for the...

The blame game.

Whatever happens, someone is always "to blame"? This last day or two we've seen the blame game starting over the election result? It seems Corbyn and McDonnell are blaming the electorate for not agreeing with their campaign message and also blaming t...

User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

They've done it again!

There's over a week to go until the election and the BBC have removed all the links to regional news outlets from all their regional news sites. What's the big idea? The BBC isn't impartial (I think they're very leftish/liberal biased) so have they d...

User avatar by Guide
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two days to go?

There's a couple of days to go now but do you think the time between an election being called and election day should be much reduced? It seems to have been going on "forever" so do you think a fortnight is quite long enough? I suppose some will say ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

What’s your prediction?

So how do you see the outcome of this election? I still predict a hung Parliament, probably with the Tories as the largest party. If I am right then it's likely that the Brexit question will rumble on and on - with no agreement in Parliament on any c...

Climate change eh?

We've all seen the "protests" about climate change? The thing is they've not considered a couple of things. The first thing is that big Yellow thing up there and it's proximity or otherwise to this Planet. The orbit around the Sun isn't fixed and nev...

User avatar by Guide
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

What’s your favourite this year.

Christmas ads are coming in thick and fast, what is your favourite from this years selection?I would like to suggest the Dogs Trust one featuring Corky, if you haven’t seen it you can find it here:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFFzFSKIxk

Boris Tories Lying Again .

Boris the chicken and his Tories exposed as lying once again, over leaked documents regarding the Irish border custom arrangments and import export charges .

Is our heritage being chucked away?

The question was prompted by a couple of things. One was that I see really nice antique things being sold for little money or failing to sell at all. Another thing was this:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-dorset-50370285/dorset-clearance-c...

User avatar by Guide
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

The London knife attack!

I guess most will have seen something about the latest attack attributed to a "terrorist"? I cannot for the life of me understand why the type of knives used in "knife attacks" continue to be sold in this country as most have no other use than the th...

User avatar by Guide
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you.....

How do you pronounce this name? I've heard it pronounced in different ways?:- Laura Kuenssberg. I've heard it pronounced as:- 1/ Laura Kunzburg 2/ Laura Koonzburg 3/ Laura Kinzburg. Which is "right"? Any of them?

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jargon. Are you an expert?

Can you translate jargon? What does someone mean when they say that in response to a letter they filed it vertically?? Did they mean they binned it, shredded it or what?

User avatar by Guide
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spirits, what is your experience with them?

Hello.I would like to know how long it is OK to keep and then use to consume, whether it be a straight drink or in cooking, alcoholic spirits, such as whisky, brandy, vodka etc. I even have a full bottle of "Bailey's Irish Cream" stuff.Over a few yea...

So it's electioneering time eh?

Looks like we're having an election so.... any predictions? OK, me first? I predict a Tory win. Who would you LIKE to see lose their seat (whether improbable or not)? Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbot are two I'd most like to see the back of. Over to you...

User avatar by Guide
  • 82 replies
  • 1 kudos

BBC Children in need.

Walking through my local Supermarket this morning, I was appalled by the racks and racks of merchandise for this year's Children in need. There were rows and rows of outfits, headgear , bears etc...all made of synthetic fabrics and plastic. Most of t...

Classic Cameras - 35mm SLR Lens Mount Adapters

We have been users of classic 1970s 35mm SLR systems for almost 40 years in our household, mainly Canon and Olympus, with some Nikon, as well as M42 gear before that. In terms of lenses, in addition to FD Breechlock lenses we also use some classic/sp...

Boris?

We've all seen the furore over Boris and the row with his girlfriend? It doesn't look good for something like that to be splashed all over "the media" whether it's a senior politician, a prospective PM or just "a normal member of the public"? There's...

User avatar by Guide
  • 38 replies
  • 0 kudos