Help Identifying These Autographs Please

Hi, Can anyone identify these autographs that came out of autograph collection that has been broken down. The autographs look to date from the 1940s and early 1950s and i can't make out these last few names. Thank you for any help.

100_6664.JPG100_6663.JPG100_6671.JPG100_6674.JPG100_6663.JPGHi,

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Might have found another one. Pic 1, Beryl Orde. She was an actress and impressionist. Possibility???

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

The last signature on the first pic could be Peter Casson. He was a hypnotist - in the right time frame

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Adelaide Hall in pic 2 was a jazz singer

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

You are right mjc. Here is an example of his signature

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/peter-casson-hypnotist-signed-288361023

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Pic 4, Danny Purches was "the gypsy singer in the 50s

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

@023mjc wrote:

Adelaide Hall in pic 2 was a jazz singer

Possibly Ronnie Scott next to Adelaide Hall - might have been in his club?

The signature looks a bit more like East than Scott but there are some similarities with other example of his autograph.  Maybe he wrote in a hurry or didn't have anything to rest on.  Anyway here's an e.g of Ronnie Scott's sig

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=545776

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

You are probably right suzie. Ronnie Scot was also a jazz singer and owned a night club, so they fit together nicely.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

P4.  Eddie Davis ?  Sax player

The E is very similar to this:

http://www.jazzwax.com/2013/07/eddie-lockjaw-davis-1985.html

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Yes, and the other one looks like Max Lee but can't find anything about him. There's a squash player from china, but I doubt it's him lol.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Might have found another one. Pic 1, Beryl Orde. She was an actress and impressionist. Possibility???

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Beryl Orde,impressionist, and Peter Casson, hypnotist. As they have both signed the same page, it sounds like they were in the same variety show. Beryl Orde was around in the 30s so your autographs may be a little older than you thought.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Well done mjc.  Here is a pic of her and her signature - definitely the same.  She was a stunner too

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6826583

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi,
Thank you for all the help, I have spent hours and hours staring at these and searching on google what i thought the names might be and bar one i think you solved them, Thank you all.
Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Still stumped on the first one - Joshua something? and I can't read the last one, Serge ?? something.

Then there's the one in the middle, Babo? Wondered if that might be a clown given the face by the sig.

Perhaps someone else might know them.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Perhaps the one in the middle is Lamartine Babo. He was a Brazilian musician and composer, active between the 20s and 50s, and I think he travelled so it could be him.

The musician bit would fit with the other autographs.

I'm looking to see if there are any example of his autograph.

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Could be - He depicts himself as a clown on one of his records

LamartineBaboAlbum.jpg

But I can only find one example of his signature - there are similar elements but it is a bit more 'flowery' than in your album, so not conclusive from that. Unfortunately no example of a 'y' which is written with a straight tail in your album although other letters like the 'g' have more flourish.

LamarineBabo.jpg

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

OP,  re 'bobo' one

You can check out chester 'bobo' barnett - clown

here's his signature.

Bobo_barnett3.JPG

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent