Paying for books using crossed postal-orders?

Hello everyoneSmiley Happy

I'm looking for a book by Rosalinda Hutton titled "cry and you cry alone" (autobiography) although there are a few on eBay none of them are willing to accept a crossed postal order. I wonder why they are so reluctant to accept this form of payment. Is there anyone here who has a copy of this book that would be happy to accept payment this way?

I pay all my other seller's with crossed P.O's with no problems whatsoever, It just seems odd they can afford turn business away, and lose sales.Smiley Frustrated

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Most sellers do prefer electronic payment methods these days I would say, some probably wouldn't even know what a postal order is which is possibly why they have refused your request.

If you don't use Paypal, have you considered using bank transfer as a method of payment so you send payment directly from your bank account to the seller's?

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi,Smiley Happy

Thank-you for your reply. As stated in my original OP I've never had problems paying other sellers, and I've been on here for a good few years now!! It just seems to be book-sellers that have a problem with accepting P.O's.

I haven't considered any other method as I don't sell online. I only buy when the fancy takes me, or I can't get what I want any other way. I'm getting on now and feel much safer using crossed P.O's. LOLSmiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Hello Barbara.  I note that the cheapest copies of the book you want are being sold by megasellers.  They do so much business that they don't want the hassle of a Postal Order.

You have a couple options.

1. Go down the listings of this book until you find a private (non-business) seller if there is one.  A smallish feedback score is a good indication.  (There are a lot of megasellers in the eBay book market.)  Only someone selling their own copy may accept a PO.

2. Consider registering with Paypal.  I use it all the time and find that more and more sellers on the internet in general, as well as eBay, accept it.

I'm getting on now and feel much safer using crossed P.O's.

I think you have probably used a PO for purchases from private sellers in the past.  If you want cheap books these days you will have to think electronic.  I don't know by how much you are 'getting on' but I'm over 70 and I can do it.  Smiley Happy

Spoiler

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I appear to have a Spoiler on my last post.  I don't know where that came from.

The eBay moderator deleted my third suggestion and changed my, 'a few options' to 'a couple options' instead of 'a couple of' options', thereby making me appear ignorant or, worse, American.  Has anybody else noticed this awful trend in American literature.

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

I shouldn't worry too much about the Americans. They never learned to pronounce English properly. 

And in the future, they'll all be speaking Spanish.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I wouldn't worry about pronunciation. The big problem with Americans is that they can't spell.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent