Harper Lee

Any one read Harper Lee's other book,  "Go set a watchman".  I have to say I was disappointed.  I thoroughly enjoyed  "To kill a mockingbird" but this one was the second most boring book I've ever read - the first being "Heidi", when I was eleven.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Harper Lee

I haven't read it, but I agree about Heidi.Woman LOL

I didn't understand it when I read it round that age.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Harper Lee

I'm actually looking forward to reading it. Got to be better than moby dick. Waiting all book for a whale. Last few pages he turns up so they die the end. 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Harper Lee

023mjc wrote:

Any one read Harper Lee's other book,  "Go set a watchman".  I have to say I was disappointed.  I thoroughly enjoyed  "To kill a mockingbird" but this one was the second most boring book I've ever read - the first being "Heidi", when I was eleven.

Hi,

I can't comment on the Harper Lee book but I am dismayed by your reaction to Heidi which is one of my favourite books.  I still have the beautifully illustrated Heirloom Library edition which I was given about 65 years ago.  I think there were some poor translations which may have dampened the vibrancy of the story and its evocative alpine locations for some.

I was reminded of the book every time we visited Switzerland and walked in the mountains where Heidi and Peter tended the goats.  The high cabins are still as they must have been when the book was written.  Every time I melt Gruyere or Emmenthal cheese on bread I remember Heidi's grandfather toasting the cheese over the fire.

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent