eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Black Friday Countdown Deals
Answer
andreae2651
Community Member
what is the most expensive thing sold on ebay

i have a really expensive item to sell what is the limit on ebay that you can sell for.

Other Answers: 5
nixi2-6900
Community Member
Answered
in reply to andreae2651

Hi

Think it was 2.5 million for an old RAF base

*********************************************************************************************

Pay attention to the friends that help you when you`re down, so you know who to ignore when you get back up.
red_magpie
Community Member
Answered
in reply to andreae2651

andreae2651 you've asked a fascinating question but to give you any useful advice we would need to know a bit more.

Selling on eBay is risky at the best of times and even more so for high value items, when inexperienced sellers are even more likely to become a target for fraudsters.

One common one is for the buyer to to pay by PayPal, collect the item and then claim not to have authorised the transaction. PayPal won't accept anything but proof of postal delivery for seller protection, so the seller has to refund and the buyer keeps the item and the refund. And that's only one scam.

For many expensive items like real estate, boats and vehicles there is no seller protection anyway.

Tell us what sort of item you're thinking of and people here may be able to offer some advice.

*vyolla*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to andreae2651

There's a limit to how much you can receive.

Check your Paypal account, your receiving limit should be there.

davros0110
Community Member
Answered
in reply to andreae2651

Well there's a yacht listed for just under 8 million dollars, so i think you can list pretty high

Just remember if you're dealing with huge money, I wouldn't use paypal, sure you don't want a million pounds being trusted to the buyer not moaning through ebay and you being forced to refund

clarke1901
Community Member
Answered
in reply to andreae2651

no it was a gigayacht sold by frank mulder for $168million

if you don't beleve me look here

http://www.complex.com/tech/2011/09/the-10-most-ridiculously-expensive-items-ever-sold-on-ebay/frank...

andreae2651 wrote:

i have a really expensive item to sell what is the limit on ebay that you can sell for.