eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Black Friday Countdown Deals
Answer
ejc900
Community Member
Accepted Solution
What do I do if I want to cancel a transaction, but my buyer has refused - they haven't paid yet, but I'm not comfortable going ahead?

My buyer has been really difficult going on about payment problems and wanting to pay in person. I have tried to be fair, but don't feel comfortable going ahead with the sale. They haven't paid yet, have refused a transaction cancellation I sent, but I'm not comfortable going ahead with the sale. What can I do?

Accepted Solutions: 2
julie19090_0
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ejc900

I'm sorry but you have shot yourself in the foot here.

Did they want to pay on cash on collection?

That is the absolute best way to be paid for collection only items.

Paypal is open to abuse by buyers on collection items which results in you losing all your money. You pay fees for the pleasure as well.

You are stuck with your fees as they have refused a cancellation request.

You can look forward to being reported for non-performance and having your feedback and star ratings trashed as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growing old disgracefully.
topcat83
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ejc900

cancellation was not the way forwards

you should have opened an unpaid item dispute  which you can now no longer do

you have left yourself open to a neg now

you have to learn to resolve problems with buyers not just say you don't wanna sell to them

personally never had a problem with collection and  don't see any reason why people  refuse

you can always get a neighbour to be with you

or take somebody with you and meet at the supermarket

ive done all sorts of deals and  sold more goods

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Answers: 4
bertye1958
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ejc900

If it is the Yamaha Keyboard PSR-2700, then what was the problem. You have offered "Collection in person". and as it is a big item, the best options. Just contact them to arrange a time for it to be picked up. I sale pick up, and never had a problem.

Bertye

ejc900
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ejc900

Thanks for all the responses - will definitely not be selling collect only items on eBay again, but you learn by your mistakes I suspose. 

jambuttyminer
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ejc900

Just take the cash when they collect, you should never take paypal for collected goods.

Maybe apologise and say you made a mistake refusing cash and see if you can get things back on a good footing.

378ruth
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ejc900

why did you not want to accept are you mad. Paypal is the most unsafe method on items for collection.