Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution
Refund request from buyer help
[ Edited ]

Hi I have used Ebay for a couple of years, and have kept a pretty good selling record. I have recently lost a relative of mine and I am not in the right state of mind to deal with this problem. The buyer bought a cpu along with the included ram. They received this product Saturday 11th of February, and have just contacted me to tell me they have opened the package for inspection despite the fact that they have had this product for almost a week (she even signed for it as it was on the signature bit through tracking). I even pitched in free saturday delivery as she was in a hurry to get the items, which makes the whole thing suspicious.

They want a partial or full refund, and to tell the truth, I am struggling financially and don't know what to do. She is blaming scratches on the cpu itself but it works 100% as I was using it prior to the sale on my computer. She says I didn't mention the scratches suggesting I may have done so on purpose, which I didn't. I guess I am a bit naive never having had any negative actions from buyers but this has shocked me. I just need to know if there is anything I can do or someone to help me as I am all over the place.

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to spanishgamer87

I'm sorry for your loss, but you can't expect the buyer to put up with a misdescribed item because of it.  If the item was scratched you should have made that clear in your listing.

Do not offer a pertial refund. Send the buyer a pre paid returns label and refund in full when you get the item back.

If the buyer opens a case, that's what ebay will make you do anyway.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Other Answers: 0