Answer
swaggger
Community Member
Buyer refuses to cancel the transaction

I tried to cancel an auction because buyer and I disagreed over terms. In my description of the item he tried to buy, I stated that you have to have at least 10 feedbacks as a buyer and have a verified paypal account. As these terms has not been followed I want to cancel this transaction, and refund his money.

But the buyer refused to cancel the transaction! I want to refund his money asap, but I am not sure how I am going to do it, because I don't want him to "I didn't receive my item"-scam me, so that PayPal will refund his money, after I have refunded his money, so that he gets refunded twice.

How am I gonna do this?

Other Answers: 7
shaunjones1985
Community Member
Answered
in reply to swaggger

bad seller, sorry but you are, your finding any reason you can to judge this buyer, and its not his fault you dont have any security measures setup to stop people without a verified account from buying from you.

seriously i cant believe you sit there saying its "unfair" to who, you? because its certainly not, he won an item and your renaging on the deal, if anything its unfair an him not you. and people are being honest with you because youd be best to realise this, this is an auction site, you know how that works right?

swaggger
Community Member
Answered
in reply to swaggger

It's so unfair!

He ruined mu auction!

There is no way I am gonna send it to him, since the only way I could be covered by eBay Seller Protection is if buy Fedex shipping with signature confirmation for $250 (!!!!) :smileysad:

torbay-trading-cards
Community Member
Answered
in reply to swaggger

why do you think you are going to be scammed i sell to buyers with no feedback . You cannot cancel as he has declined if you do not post he can open a dispute for item not recieved plus if you do refund report non performance and leave feedback.

swaggger
Community Member
Answered
in reply to swaggger

He has already cancelled, and you can only open a cancel transaction dispute once.

Why can't you just answer what I should do?

I have made my terms, why couldn't it just be respected?

torbay-trading-cards
Community Member
Answered
in reply to swaggger

the buyer does not want to cancel so you will have to send it or risk a strike on your account.

swaggger
Community Member
Answered
in reply to swaggger

It is quite a difference between selling things that cost $5 and $400

topcat83
Community Member
Answered
in reply to swaggger

why a verified paypal account

you cannot force the buyer to cancel and if hes already paid  hes not going to cancel before you refund

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------