jlohouse
Community Member

my accounts been restricted

hi i sold something on ebay im not a serious seller just get rid of things i no longer use. i was messaged by ebay stating that they were holding the payment as to my poor standards. i did have trouble with a couple of items (i think it was 7 in a row) where the buyer didnt pay (3 times on a pair of trainers) so first few times i was like no bother and cancelled transaction then i was like no way and got an unpaid item strike on there account. but honestly it still says 100% feedback. im no scam artist, ebay warned me to communicate with buyers and i did with many nicely written messages, why didnt they look at them it was buyers who pulled out everytime. why not warn the buyers. feel picked upon. one guy pulled out of sale cause he saw his payment was pending and thought i was trying something and 20 emails later he wanted his money back as i was dodgy, he didnt believe paypal would put money on hold. grrrrrr

Please use plain text.
jlohouse
Community Member

Re: my accounts been restricted

in reply to jlohouse

oh and i noticed even though i post the next working day, that ebay had down delivery date was like 9 days later. surely thats why i put down how long i will take to post not for them to estimate

Please use plain text.
norseway53
Community Member

in reply to jlohouse

All new and occasionall sellers have restrictions.  The import thing is the wording of the email from eBay.  Is the restriction for 30 days in 1 category, a restriction by value of listings or something else?

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Please use plain text.
jlohouse
Community Member

in reply to norseway53

"Based on your history as an eBay seller, we may temporarily hold the money from each of your eBay transactions in a pending balance. We may hold this money for up to 21 days from the date we let you know it is "OK to send" the relevant item" this is what i got think the rest of it was till my account is up to standard

Please use plain text.
jlohouse
Community Member

in reply to jlohouse

this is on my paypal page

Please use plain text.
millielilac
Community Member

in reply to jlohouse
That is pretty standard for new sellers.....PayPal do usually hold the payment for up to 21 days.

The payment can be released earlier if buyer leaves good feedback or confirms in PayPal that item has been received.

You can also get payment earlier if goods are sent tracked and tracking is uploaded.

Whatever you do , do not chase buyers for feedback. You just have to have patience as a new seller.
Please use plain text.
stuffbuyeruk
Community Member

in reply to jlohouse
Please use plain text.
jlohouse
Community Member

in reply to stuffbuyeruk

thanks its just wierd its only happened on last 2 items before then i was only restricted till i hit 10 sales

Please use plain text.
elvis_didnt_really_die_he_just_went_home
Community Member

in reply to jlohouse

one guy pulled out of sale cause he saw his payment was pending and thought i was trying something and 20 emails later he wanted his money back as i was dodgy, he didnt believe paypal would put money on hold. grrrrrr

Does the buyer see the Paypal hold, or did you tell them?

Please use plain text.