eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Buy iPhone 6 Now
towelposter
Community Member

Slow sales

Has anybody else suffered a slow down recently?

Normally we are posting out 120-150 parcels a week but in the last 7 days we have sold 12 items in total, here and on the river which is even slower than ebay.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Please use plain text.
raffles142009
Community Member

Re: Slow sales

in reply to towelposter

Mine are dramatically below par.

I usually send out between 20- 40 per day but this past week (Since I increased prices) I am really down.

Only 3 sales today totalling £6.80.

Suicidal is not the word.

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

We haven't even increased any prices :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
gb-classic-coins-uk
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

Your are certainly not alone have a look at these other threads on the same subject

http://community.ebay.co.uk/topic/Business-Seller-Board/Ebay-Stopped-Working/18000497457

http://community.ebay.co.uk/topic/Business-Seller-Board/Sales-Bad/18000496977?start=0

and there is also this thread

http://community.ebay.co.uk/topic/Business-Seller-Board/Dire-Sales/18000495471

There are real problems with the site which have been getting worse with many listings not showing up in searches.

Please use plain text.
kieronjames1
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

towelposterI

I guess that one of the problems when prices rise substantially and quickly is that buyers stop looking. Times are tough enough, they probably will go back to purchasing on the High St for small items until they tire of traffic, parking fees etc, or adjust to the new prices mentally.

Please use plain text.
booksandpatterns
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

Ours come and go - last weekend we did manage to get up to the usual amount of sold items - but it looked as if we would be well below for ages. We hit busy patches, then go quiet.

I keep thinking we are not doing too well - but then I check back on last year's figures and find we were £300 up (approx a third) in both Feb and March and are already £30 up this month on the whole of April '12!

Please use plain text.
swm1010
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

My local post office who know their customers personally told me yesterday the ebay related number of parcels have reduced by over 50% since the new price rise.

It's returning customers to the high streets, which I suppose can only be a good thing for our local areas and employment.

This month is also the 'book a summer holiday' month, always makes people tighten their purse strings for a while.

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

I realise that all businesses have highs and lows but this is ridiculous.  

Items were we normally sell 1-2 a day we haven't sold any of for over a week.

None of our UK prices have changed as we are PPI account holders, so that isn't the issue.

Please use plain text.
booksandpatterns
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

I realise that all businesses have highs and lows but this is ridiculous.  

Items were we normally sell 1-2 a day we haven't sold any of for over a week.

None of our UK prices have changed as we are PPI account holders, so that isn't the issue.

Are those items on GTC - maybe they need ending and restarting?

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

I am not ending a listing with 300+ sales history unless it is essential.

Please use plain text.
booksandpatterns
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

I am not ending a listing with 300+ sales history unless it is essential.

OK. But as the impressions get higher and the sales get less it will just drop further and further down BM. That sales history is only good for placement for the las 7 or 14 days - I can never remember which - so if you have had no sales from it in the last week ....

Please use plain text.
babybluemoons
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

I'm only a very very small seller and I've stopped selling my unwanted items on ebay since the new royal mail price came in.. so the knock on effect is i have no money in my paypal account so i have stopped buying on ebay too :/ 

Please use plain text.
gb-classic-coins-uk
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

This lack of sales  really is not to do with the Royal Mail prices increases in my opinion as many sellers who have not increased their postage prices are affected.

The whole situation is that our listings are not showing up in searches in many parts of the country.

This morning I have again checked with various friends and relatives around the country and as on other days recently, my items are not appearing, worst of all when some people look in my shop it is showing as having no listings at all.

I even had a phone call this morning from a regular customer asking if I had closed down.

There is a major problem with the listings not showing at the moment and I think this is the sole reason why so many sellers are having dire sales.

Please use plain text.
booksandpatterns
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

This morning I have again checked with various friends and relatives around the country and as on other days recently, my items are not appearing, worst of all when some people look in my shop it is showing as having no listings at all.

I even had a phone call this morning from a regular customer asking if I had closed down.

That would possibly be down to Friday morning maintenance - Fri morning is not the best time to check what can be seen where!

Please use plain text.
lemon-p
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

There are real problems with the site which have been getting worse with many listings not showing up in searches.

There must be some truth in that, I listed a Gibson guitar on auction and still couldn't find it in any searches after 24 hours, so I closed the auction to save it for another day when punters will actually be able to at least see it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Defective Inspector lemon at your service!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
gb-classic-coins-uk
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

That would possibly be down to Friday morning maintenance - Fri morning is not the best time to check what can be seen where!

Sorry, I should have made it more clear, but I haver been checking nearly every day this week, and the problem existed on these occassions too.

Please use plain text.
mystical_dragon_nymph
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

I'm only a very very small seller and I've stopped selling my unwanted items on ebay since the new royal mail price came in.. so the knock on effect is i have no money in my paypal account so i have stopped buying on ebay too :/ 

ditto.... i am now in the same boat.. i am not selling as the new post pricing effects most items i was trying to sell.. toys etc..  so not bothering.. am doing a car boot this sunday thou £3.00 a car.. will see how it goes..

Please use plain text.
alisonsvintagechicboutique
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

Oh not just me then,  yes definitely a downturn in sales and interest actually.  Same style of items listed, sale prices have been poorer than expected and far less watchers than usual. 

Please use plain text.
airborne10101
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

This web site gets worse and worse, the people who now own it simply don't have to care. No matter how many traders they stiff people will still need to use them. The site function is appalling and the new messaging system is useless! Do not get caught out, look into your own web site and try avoid supporting companies like ebay!

Please use plain text.
amandaf078
Community Member

in reply to towelposter

.. am doing a car boot this sunday thou £3.00 a car.. will see how it goes..

Wow! £3 a car - where I live, it costs £10, which makes it hardly worth the bother.

'Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible' (Dalai Lama)
Please use plain text.