tony4cats
Community Member

Royal Mail price rises 2014.

Courtesy of Ebay member shakers47

http://www.royalmail.com/prices-2014

To be is to do"-Socrates; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra; "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do; "Yaba Daba Doo!"-Fred Flintstone
Please use plain text.
ianwhorlow
Community Member

Re: Royal Mail price rises 2014.

in reply to tony4cats

Yes, does not look too bad at all:smileyhappy:

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** Communication Is The Key - It's Good To Talk (but it helps when the other person is listening!
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Please use plain text.
applefrommars
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to ianwhorlow

Changes to international prices/sizes are more significant than inland:

International letters are now max thickness 5mm, so all light thicker things will have to go as parcels (min 100g) - although there are still three bands for letters (20/60/100g).  At least the 'Large letter' tariff for international mail hasn't materialized, apparently being restricted to business tracked/signed for.  I understand from RM today that this is only for large volumes and that the max thickness is 20mm, although she coldn't find that in any of their publications:

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/RM_International_Business_Tracked_Signed_Ratecard_March...

It seems that, where available, international 'Tracked&Signed' is more expensive that just 'Tracked', which seems odd.  Perhaps I'm mis-reading it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for a U-turn on FVF on international P&P
Please use plain text.
greenginkgo
Community Member

in reply to applefrommars

applefrommars wrote:

It seems that, where available, international 'Tracked&Signed' is more expensive that just 'Tracked', which seems odd.  Perhaps I'm mis-reading it.

You're not mis-reading.  It's more expensive to EU countries, because VAT is chargeable.  This link leads to info for personal customers:

http://www.royalmail.com/prices-2014?intcampaignid=Promo_H1_tariff_2014

greenginkgo
Please use plain text.
applefrommars
Community Member

in reply to greenginkgo

20g letter to Europe:

T&S: £5.97

T: £7.16

S: £5.97

20g letter to zones 1&2:

T&S: £6.28

T: £7.16

S: £6.28

Is this consistent with a higher charge to Europe due to VAT (applicable to Tracked but not to Signed-for, as I understand it), and with both services to outside the EU being non-Vatable?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
frinton1000
Community Member

in reply to tony4cats

Not too bad I suppose - an extra 2-3p on letters and LL up to 100g, so still worth stocking up on stamps next month!

It looks like they've backed away from the Large Letter size on International items which they advertised they'd be doing a few weeks ago, or have I missed something?

Please use plain text.
i_failed_my_dna_test
Community Member

in reply to frinton1000

Needless to say , a nice rise in profits for ebay as well .

Please use plain text.
ianwhorlow
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to frinton1000

frinton1000 wrote:

Not too bad I suppose - an extra 2-3p on letters and LL up to 100g, so still worth stocking up on stamps next month!

It looks like they've backed away from the Large Letter size on International items which they advertised they'd be doing a few weeks ago, or have I missed something?

International letter sizing is now the same as domestic.

ie letter is less than 100g and less than 5mm

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** Communication Is The Key - It's Good To Talk (but it helps when the other person is listening!
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Please use plain text.
frinton1000
Community Member

in reply to ianwhorlow

I get that, but there was an announcement a few weeks ago that there would also be a LL size up to 20mm thick. Appears they have rowed back on this.

Please use plain text.
luise*75
Community Member

in reply to ianwhorlow

Has the 40g international letter rate gone completely? sad.gif

Please use plain text.
frinton1000
Community Member

in reply to luise*75
Yes, this has been one of their tricks the last few years - getting rid of price bands. It means that 20-40g items are now more, but 40-60g items are slightly less. Similarly 60-80g is more, but 80-100g is a couple of pence less.

It is exactly the same trick as when they changed from 100g price bands to 250g bands a couple of years ago (might even have been last year). I seem to remember 4 or 5 years ago airmail price bands used to be 20g for items up to 1kg, but could be wrong there.
Please use plain text.
ianwhorlow
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to luise*75

luise*75 wrote:

Has the 40g international letter rate gone completely? sad.gif

Yes.

20, 60 and 100 now

sizing same as uk

Please use plain text.
luise*75
Community Member

in reply to ianwhorlow

Thanks, Ian.

http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/tristes/pleurer.gif

Please use plain text.
frinton1000
Community Member

in reply to luise*75
Don't cry. An 80-100g letter posted outside Europe will now be 2p cheaper.
Please use plain text.
luise*75
Community Member

in reply to frinton1000

That's very comforting, Frinton - thank you very much. yes

Just sad as it won't get any birthday/Easter/whatever cards to my family unless I take some scales with me whenever I buy those cards ... or I tell them all to move outside Europe and then, they could receive even bigger cards. silly.gif

Think I will need a while longer to recover ...

Please use plain text.
frinton1000
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to luise*75

I knew that would cheer you up. Oh, and don't forget, it's all a simplification. So we should be thanking Royal Mail really, because by taking more of our money, they will have made our lives so much easier.

Please use plain text.
gigiwap
Community Member

in reply to tony4cats

i cant see a price for LL over 100g am i missing it somewhere?

Please use plain text.
gigiwap
Community Member

in reply to gigiwap

scrap that last comment, ive found it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ianwhorlow
Community Member

in reply to gigiwap

There is no LL for international

Please use plain text.
applefrommars
Community Member

in reply to frinton1000

the 'Large letter' tariff for international mail hasn't materialized, apparently being restricted to business tracked/signed for.  I understand from RM today that this is only for large volumes and that the max thickness is 20mm, although she couldn't find that in any of their publications:

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/RM_International_Business_Tracked_Signed_Ratecard_March...

Am I on your ignore list?  (If so, i guess you won't see this post either).    :smileysad:

Please use plain text.