raynardtheflyer
Community Member

Refunding

Hello,

A Buyer orderd a fairly high value item from myself but now wants to cancel the transaction as he no longer wants the item, but i'am aware that thats going to cost me a few pounds to refund him, which i dont think is fair as its him whos changed his mind. is there a way he can cancel the transaction without me having to pay fees?

Please use plain text.
cambirder
Community Member

Re: Refunding

in reply to raynardtheflyer

Have you actually posted it? If not it should not cost you anything provided you refund that transaction via your Paypal account and do not send him a separate payment. You will also need to initiate a cancelation request to get your FV fees back. 

Please use plain text.
applefrommars
Community Member

Issue the cancellation request via Ebay, accessed from the item page via 'Resolve a problem'.  Your FVF will be refunded when the buyer accepts, but not the listing fee.  

If it was an auction, and you relist and the item sells the first time, your basic insertion fee will be refunded but not any upgrades.  If it was a BIN, you lose the insertion fee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for a U-turn on FVF on international P&P

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

Even if you haven't posted it yet you could ask your buyer to open a return case and refund through that.  You will receive your fees back as soon as you issue the refund.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Please use plain text.
jwintermedia
Community Member

The Buyer needs to formally request to cancel the bid.  You then have a choice to relist or offer the item to the 2nd highest bidder.

You should not incur any charges and you will see that when you apply the refund to the buyer you will see how much you are giving back and how much of it is refunded fees from eBay

for example I made a refund of £4.79.  The breakdown of this was £4.43 of my Paypal Money and 0.36p of fees. 

Please use plain text.
jeanette3963
Community Member

is it not right that only a seller can send a formal cancellation request?

Please use plain text.
applefrommars
Community Member

Yes.  The information in #4 also appears to confuse Ebay and Paypal in some respects.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting for a U-turn on FVF on international P&P

Please use plain text.
towelposter
Community Member

That is correct, which is why I have suggested getting the buyer to open the return case, as that could be seen to be their request to cancel.  Otherwise they are dependent upon the seller issuing the cancellation rather than a UPI.

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Please use plain text.
jwintermedia
Community Member

I stand corrected ..apologies

Please use plain text.