Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

How can I get people bidding on my listing?

I want people to bid on my listing how can I get people to bid on it? Listing link down below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPad-Mini-1st-Generation-/192190968148?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Community Member

Re: How can I get people bidding on my listing?

in reply to yasmijenkin9

You asked a similar question back in January about items not selling.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Selling-on-eBay/Why-is-my-stuff-not-selling-Can-anyone-help/qaq-p/518...

As for the item in question, you only listed it yesterday on a 10 day auction, perhaps potential buyers don't like your despatch time - 5 days after cleared payment, your despatch time star is quite low and you've received a neg and a neutral feedback for your despatch time.

You also give very little information in the description box about the item itself.  That is a very big box where lots of information can be added, maybe you should make use of it so buyers know what they're buying.

Merry Everything & A Happy Always Smiley Happy
Community Member

in reply to angelah1847
Okay thank you for the advice.
Community Member

in reply to angelah1847

angelah1847 wrote:

You asked a similar question back in January about items not selling.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Selling-on-eBay/Why-is-my-stuff-not-selling-Can-anyone-help/qaq-p/518...

As for the item in question, you only listed it yesterday on a 10 day auction, perhaps potential buyers don't like your despatch time - 5 days after cleared payment, your despatch time star is quite low and you've received a neg and a neutral feedback for your despatch time.

You also give very little information in the description box about the item itself.  That is a very big box where lots of information can be added, maybe you should make use of it so buyers know what they're buying.

Also you state your item has damage,  damaged items tend to sell slowly unless cheap enough,  also £12 for delivery is a bit high even for special delivery

Community Member

in reply to yasmijenkin9

I think you need to put more information about the item in the title. 

For instance you have a pair of expensive shoes listed but you do not state the size on the title heading, so buyers would have to click onto the listing to see the size and they would not come up in many searches.

It would be better to put a short description of the shoes in the title eg: Mauve/Purple slingback womens shoes size 5. Then anyone looking for that particular colour and size will type in, and your shoes should come up in a Best match search.

Also, is there any reason you can't post? You will open up to a wider audience if you offer P&P.

Community Member

in reply to yasmijenkin9

very often auctions remain "silent" almost all of the time, then they can get really hot literally in last minutes so just wait and see.

I've seen prices like £20-30 DOUBLING to £40-60 within the very last SECONDS.

Community Member

in reply to yasmijenkin9

HI @yasmijenkin9 I see you have taken my comments on board, which is great. Now please don't think I'm being over critical, I certainly am not. But I should have mentioned the postage.

I see yoou have advertised them as economy but you are expecting to sell at £50 plus. With Royal Mail economy you are only insured for £20 so if your buyer claims INR you will not be able to claim for your loss.

The best way to send anything over £50 I believe is by special delivery or tracked. I'm sure someone will help me out with which one it is.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Community Member

in reply to yasmijenkin9

I just took gander at your listings & the feedback. Both your 'negative' f/b state time to deliver. If I bought one of the games on Saturday, for instance, I would hope put in post Monday or Tuesday at latest so receive by Thursday or Friday but the estimated time (ebay) shows as by Tuesday or Wednesday the following week. That's getting on for a week & half after buying it. Not sure I'd wait that long & look elsewhere.

Community Member

in reply to yasmijenkin9
@tascio1 I am now posting earlier than I used to.
Community Member

in reply to lizyellow1234

lizyellow1234 wrote:

HI @yasmijenkin9 I see you have taken my comments on board, which is great. Now please don't think I'm being over critical, I certainly am not. But I should have mentioned the postage.

I see yoou have advertised them as economy but you are expecting to sell at £50 plus. With Royal Mail economy you are only insured for £20 so if your buyer claims INR you will not be able to claim for your loss.

The best way to send anything over £50 I believe is by special delivery or tracked. I'm sure someone will help me out with which one it is.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

If i remember right 1st class signed for covers upto £50,  excluding a few things like jewellery etc

Special delivery covers after that