eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Get inspired!
2006tchris
Community Member

Free listings weekends on ebay.co.uk 2014

Has anyone actually seen any free listings weekends on ebay.co.uk since december 2013. I contacted the online help and got told that ebay dosnt do general free listings weekends for everyone but they will select people at random and offer it to them as there system cant cope with giving everyone a free listings was just wondering if anyone had had such an offer so far this year. seems strange that given all the free sites out there you would think ebay could afford just 2 days amonth free for sellers

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
lilymelimelo
Community Member

Re: Free listings weekends on ebay.co.uk 2014

in reply to 2006tchris

I personaly have had free weekend listings for the past 3 weeks which is unusual as they normally offer it every 2 weeks

Please use plain text.
aernethril
Community Member

in reply to 2006tchris

There have been several one after another - they're just by invitation only or by trial and error - eg I don't get an invitation but I'm still able to list for free.

Keep an eye on this board and someone will post the link soon enough, although it's sometimes at the last minute.

********************************************************************************************
Please use plain text.
mecannoman
Community Member

in reply to 2006tchris

There have been free listings every two weeks or so!

It is by invite only and no-one knows how ebay decides who to invite.

Please use plain text.
angelah1847
Community Member

in reply to 2006tchris

This is the promo for last weekend's FLW

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/1464/

Even if you don't receive an email invite it's still possible you may be eligible to list for free, some members have reported this over the past few weeks.

Check the promo section at the bottom of your My Ebay page at the weekend.

Click both SAINTS and CINNERS to see the wonderful items we are selling to raise money for CHILDREN IN NEED
Please use plain text.
xtf70
Community Member

in reply to angelah1847

I'm one of those who never get invited but am always able to list free

Go to your Selling Manager Summary page and scroll down to the Promotional Offers box - if you are eligible it will say so here under the monthly Free Auction Insertion bit, but may not appear until the promotion has actually started, i.e. on the Saturday morning

Also, look out for the occasional Thursday free listing day - they do come round occasionally!

Please use plain text.
calamityjaynne
Community Member

in reply to 2006tchris

Yep, I've had invites for every weekend, Tuesday and Thursday that the free weekends/days have been available...been too many, give me a break... :smileylol::smileywink:

blue butterfly 25.jpg

'I have kleptomania.
But when it gets bad, I take something for it.
Please use plain text.
norseway53
Community Member

in reply to 2006tchris

I've been invited several times this year but chose not to take up the offers.

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Please use plain text.
jmcb2717
Community Member

in reply to 2006tchris

there was one in march and easter weekend

Please use plain text.
lettie0261
Community Member

in reply to jmcb2717
I have had 4 invitations since the beginning of March and the 4 day listing over Easter.

I expect there will be another for this weekend as it is Bank Holiday on Monday.
****************************************************************************************

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....it's about learning to dance in the rain :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
bonelli-gina
Community Member

in reply to 2006tchris

Same here!  I called ebay 2 weeks ago to say I hadn't had free listing since last year and they said it was to 'invited' sellers only and that she was sure I'd get an invitation soon. But of course nothing has happened. I refuse to pay such expensive listing fees when ebay already take 10% commission on sales and postage, so I've stopped ebaying for now. Why not just offer free listing to good sellers - they can't lose - we'll list more and they'll get more commission! Win win. I think I'll try other auction sites. 

Please use plain text.
bonelli-gina
Community Member

in reply to angelah1847
No, that's not true. I tried and it wouldn't let me, even though it was technically a free listing weekend :-( It's still only open to 'invited' sellers only.
Please use plain text.
elvis_didnt_really_die_he_just_went_home
Community Member

in reply to bonelli-gina

"Same here!  I called ebay 2 weeks ago to say I hadn't had free listing since last year and they said it was to 'invited' sellers only and that she was sure I'd get an invitation soon. But of course nothing has happened. I refuse to pay such expensive listing fees when ebay already take 10% commission on sales and postage, so I've stopped ebaying for now. Why not just offer free listing to good sellers - they can't lose - we'll list more and they'll get more commission! Win win. I think I'll try other auction sites. "

Have you tried a "test" listing - i do that every weekend, many times it's been free without an invite.

Please use plain text.
dream-stream
Community Member

in reply to 2006tchris
I think it's more likely that Ebay offers free listings when business slows down or it chooses those people who haven't been very active rather than their system not being able to cope. To them, a final value fee on it's own is better than no fee at all. Just a thought.
Please use plain text.
angelah1847
Community Member

in reply to bonelli-gina

bonelli-gina wrote:
No, that's not true. I tried and it wouldn't let me, even though it was technically a free listing weekend :-( It's still only open to 'invited' sellers only.

It was true for some just not for you.

There is no longer any such thing as "it was technically a free listing weekend".............none of the free listing promos so far this year have been blanket promos for all private sellers as they have been in the past.  Nobody knows why exactly (except ebay of course, and they don't need to justify this).

Click both SAINTS and CINNERS to see the wonderful items we are selling to raise money for CHILDREN IN NEED
Please use plain text.
bonnixa
Community Member

in reply to angelah1847

i thought free listing have been dumped?

didn't ebay say something about having 20 free listings a month from May?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
ihaveaquestion2013
Community Member

in reply to bonnixa

I beleive they stated at the bottom of that announcement that that they would continue with the promotions, on top of the 20.

Please use plain text.
angelah1847
Community Member

in reply to bonnixa

The 20 free BIN or auction free listings starting on 13th May replace the 100 x 99p free listings, they are still continuing with the promos - let's see what form they take though.

This weekend's promo is different to previous ones - it's auction OR BIN or auction with BIN.

Please use plain text.
ihaveaquestion2013
Community Member

in reply to angelah1847

Haven't they been doing the BIN and with auctions for a couple months now? They certainly did one at the beginning of March, and there have been a couple since.

Please use plain text.
angelah1847
Community Member

in reply to ihaveaquestion2013

No, they have done BIN or auction a couple of times but not BIN with auction.

Please use plain text.