eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Buy iPhone 6 Now
je8233
Community Member

ipostparcels UKMAIL Anyone else had problems?

Has anyone had problems with the  ipostparcels UKMAIL service?

I have only used them a couple of times for Next Day Delivery and on both occasions they let me down.  Never even came to collect on the designated day.  They collected on the day the parcel should have been delivered.  When you email to enquire they ignore you and  do not respond for ages.  They can also change the tracking information online to make it appear the collection  hasn't been delayed - and that the sender is at fault.  When you phone the number supplied the kid says "It has nothing to do with us"

I shall not be using them again.

Does anyone have a bona fide contact number for them?

Please use plain text.
lipstickandmusic
Community Member

Re: ipostparcels UKMAIL Anyone else had problems?

in reply to je8233

08451 552 552

Community Member

in reply to je8233

I paid their premium to collect from a seller today between 8 and 1. At 2pm the seller asked me to sort it out and I range the company, who denied any knowledge of a time slot for deliveries - just anytime between 8 and 6 they said. As it was my reponsibility I paid the company to use the Bring Me Labels Service. When the driver turned up at 3.50 (again saying they don't do am or pm slots) he had no labels and denied the company ever brought labels. Parcel thus uncollected and one unhappy seller inconvenienced.

If you google the company you can get a number for their in houes press office. You can get the 0845 number by Googling, as it doesn't appear on any link on the main website.

Will report back, but I have made several calls todays and sent several emails and got no response.

Please use plain text.
downunder-pondy
Community Member

in reply to je8233

As a p.s. UKmail gave me a 50% discount as an apology, and I will pass this on to the seller, in due course.

Please use plain text.
pagesoftools
Community Member

in reply to je8233

I send about 5 parcels a week with UK MAIL and never had a problem, BUT...... I live on a farm which has a large storage company that uses them, they send about 100 parcels a day (wishing they were all mine!!:^O) and wonder if they get priorty service as pick up here every day???

Please use plain text.
pearlydd
Community Member

in reply to je8233

I am currently having a nightmare with this company, so far my experience has been terrible & i would advise anybody NOT to use them.

I have booked & paid for a parcel to be collected tomorrow & emailed them to ensure that the courier would be providing labels as requested (this was at the start of this week).

Ipostparcels are now advising me that I have not completed my order, even though I have had monies taken from my Paypal account and provided them with the transaction no.

I am now unsure if my parcel will be collected or what stage we are at as I have not had a reply for a day & half.

I will not be using this company again, as they do not seem to have any idea what is going on.

I should have just gone straight to City Link / Parcelforce or any other reputable provider & saved myself a whole lot of time & aggrovation..

Please use plain text.
pearlydd
Community Member

in reply to je8233

Countless number of emails sent to ipostparcels again today, nobody has so far been able (or even attempted too) answer my enquiry as to why my Paypal account states payment made, but ipostparcels seem totally unable to find it?

I have now opened a paypal dispute requesting a full refund. as customers services team seem totally unable reply with any useful advice, let alone solve this issue.

Total waste of my time and energy, not to mention at the moment My Money  X-(

Please use plain text.
mardon1062011
Community Member

in reply to je8233

I've only tried ipostparcels once and they failed to collect my parcel on the correct day.   They turned up 3 days later by which time I had made alternative arrangements.   I was told that my postage (£11.95)  would be refunded but depite chasing I haven't received it after 3 months!    I now use Myhermes for small parcels and Yodel (parcels2go) for larger items and I have had no problems.

Please use plain text.
bigpapaloach
Community Member

in reply to je8233

Three weeks ago, I had few parcels that I needed to post, sat down went on to Ipostparcels website. Began booking all of the sudden page stopped responding. I had to close tab and start it from scratch. Next morning when I checked my bank account, I realised that they charged me twice for the same consignment. So I've emailed company, politely explaining what happened and asked them to refund £10.77 back to my account. Three days later they did, so I thought cool, all sorted then. Couple days later, it was Friday. I checked my mail and there was message from buyer; i haven't received my item yet.

Logged on my Ipostparcels account, shockingly I discovered that three of my parcels are awaiting collection which two of the records were showing parcel that I was charged twice and one from about two weeks earlier. Needles to mention, all parcels WERE collected!  I still have paperwork from it, signed by their driver. Contacted buyer trying to explain, he said I can give you few days. Few days went, there was nothing changed in my Ipostparcels account log. Three parcels were still waiting for collection. 

I wrote several e-mails to Ipostparcels just to get in return they sincere apologies and promises that someone will call me next day. Or within next 48 hours. Nothing!

Parcel is gone, I had to issue full refund to the buyer, and received negative feedback.

Thank you Ipostparcels!!!

Please use plain text.
csleight
Community Member

in reply to je8233

Sadly yes I have. They never came to collect my parcel and when I emailed them via the website, they bluntly told me that my consignment was "no longer valid" as it had been refused by a name I have never heard of and at a time when I know I was in waiting for the collection. £8.99 down the drain and no come back. I would not recommend using them. ipostparcels is UKMail, but you can't phone UKMail as they won't talk to you. The only was is to email via the website and wait for a reply. Appalling way to treat customers, avoid.

Please use plain text.
sharonmbrown
Community Member

in reply to je8233

I have used I post parcels (UK mail) 3 times. The first one arrived ok, but later than they said, the second one had several broken items, which as the buyer only paid 99p for, he fixed. The 3rd one was some lovely Denby China, which arrived with most of it smashed into tiny pieces. I had taken so much care with that one, following the previous experience, each item was individually wrapped in loads of tissue paper, then reams of bubble wrap and foam chips, there was no movement and a very strong box, supplied by my neighbour who has a big e bay shop. They replied promptly to my e mail claiming compensation, saying I would hear within 7-10 days, finally, after a month and many e mails I received a cheque with a letter not accepting liability, for about 1/4 of the value of the items.

They may be cheaper - but do not use them!

Please use plain text.
catissey
Community Member

in reply to je8233

i have recently used i postparcels and so far touch wood out of about 25 parcels i have sent with them all but one has arrived very quickly and whole only one lot of pottery got broken, but i havent sent them by the courier collecting them from my house, i print the labels and take the parcels to the local depot and get a discount for doing so, taking to the depot cuts out a couple of possibilities for damage as the parcel goes straight into the cage for that area, straight into the van and then from that depot to the customer

i is cat you is slaves meow
Please use plain text.
rachelstoyshop
Community Member

in reply to je8233

I did exactly this (printed the labels and took it to the depot myself) and they still havent delivered it on time.

How do other people handle this with the buyers?  I have offered to refund postage as they paid extra for "Get It Fast" - does everyone think this is the right way to go?

Please use plain text.
rachelstoyshop
Community Member

in reply to je8233

Update - they sent it to Ireland by mistake!!  So it has taken 3 days instead of 1.  I have redunded the postage to the buyer despite no contact, wanted to be proactive.  ipostparcels have offered me 10% off next order which is bobbins for a small ebayer like me.

Please use plain text.
harps_sohal
Community Member

in reply to je8233

I've used them a few times now and had no major problems. Their parcel prices are much cheaper then royal mail and they do collections. They don't have a direct phone number but I suppose that part of why they are so cheap! Would use again.

Please use plain text.
discountmagic_co_uk
Community Member

in reply to je8233

Hi,

If it helps I have managed to find a phone number for IPostParcels / Parcel Pete it is 0844 545 0589.

Neil

Please use plain text.
3650john
Community Member

in reply to discountmagic_co_uk

I must be very fortunate.  I have sent more than 70 parcels over the last three months using their standard service.  About 90% were  delivered the next day and I only encountered a problem with two of the parcels, one of which was probably not the fault of ipostparcels. 

It was frustrating not to be able to contact them by 'phone but their responses by email were quite prompt. Better customer service than from a competitor I was using previously.

My favoured courier!

Please use plain text.
ezeefisch
Community Member

in reply to je8233

heres the direct geographical number for their customer servive centre pulled from "saynoto0870"

Please use plain text.
rwag5*
Community Member

in reply to je8233
I agree, they are absolutely pathetic. I have sent over 40 parcels in the last 3 months. Every week at least a problem with 2 parcels if not more. No ever collect when scheduled for ..thus knock on late delivery. I have over the time sent more than 100 emails...and your right, you just get ignored...Plus they fiddle the tracking information...I have challenged this a number of times...I always take snaps of my tracking ..and the historical pics to that later shown by IPOSTPARCELS differ.

The only reason I still stick around is the next day delivery....I would say they are 60% on target..the rest 40% send up our blood pressure and its not nice. They seem to depend on far too many self employed subcontractors who don't know the route and do not appear to be geared with radio control with their depots.

And this service is not cheap...their costs are dear..

I too an looking for an alternative carrier....anyone with good recommendations ...would be happy to hear...
Please use plain text.
ilawrene195420122012
Community Member

in reply to je8233

Hiya, Yep, The only time I have had any problems with parcel delivery is with UK MAIL, at this very moment I have just spent 1 hour on the phone to them, but nobody aswered, I took to day off work as was told it would be delivered today. Was also told 2 cards had been put through my letter box. All lies. 

Please use plain text.