eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Great saving!
zoopuroutlet
Community Newcomer

Royal Mail Online Business Account (RM OBA)

Hi everyone,

With the new changes coming in with regards to Royal Mail parcels and packets and the massive increase in costs now with a parcel more than 8cm thick, we've been looking at the benefits of a Royal Mail Online Business Account.

However, the information on their website is a little thin on the ground and I wanted to gather some more information on the options available before I call them.

Am I right in thinking that the minimum requirement is 1,000 items per year across all services, including large letters and parcels? And with no minimum spend (ie. The £5k limit removed)?

Am I also right in thinking there is no size limit on the parcels sent via 24 or 48, as opposed to the new size limits for 1st or 2nd class? From someone who uses these services, how do they compare to 1st or 2nd class?

And lastly, what are the options for getting the parcels and large letters to Royal Mail. I notice that they seem to charge for collections unless the annual spend is in excess of £15k. Do they have a free drop off service?

Many thanks for your help.

zoopuroutlet
Community Newcomer

Re: Royal Mail Online Business Account (RM OBA)

in reply to zoopuroutlet

Another thing I forgot to mention is that it appears that there is no compensation available on the 24 or 48 services, is that correct?

thecuriousplantcompany
Community Member

in reply to zoopuroutlet

I have been you can drop off at the local Post Office.

yorkshire*cat*rescue
Community Newcomer

in reply to zoopuroutlet

Watching this discussion with interest, but would add, does it include International deliveries too?

mumonamission007
Community Newcomer

in reply to zoopuroutlet

Hi,

If your posting over 1000 parcels or large letters a year give RM business helpline a call. Each case is different, spend will come into it and also if you send packets overseas they will take this into account.

The new 24/48 standard (CRL code) service for small parcels & medium parcels are not restricted under the 80cm bracket size, therefore if you use this service you should ok with your parcel sizes, as long as not huge.... its also an average weight of your daily send. 

weight for 24 is max 20kg!

weight for 48 is max 2kg

The new 24/48 service is also PLUS VAT.... so take this into account, extra 20% soon adds up.

1st and 2nd class on RM Account (bpl code, vat exempt) the only downfall with this service is size restriction limted to the 80cm rule but if you not VAT registered it can work out cheaper as no Vat on this service.

Collections yearly approx £900 inc vat , free if you spend more than £15,000 .

You can drop off at main depots and post offices, but some postoffices are not happy about this.

Hope that helps 

thecuriousplantcompany
Community Member

in reply to zoopuroutlet

This could now be the time to register for VAT then - assuming I can get an account of course.

gecko-grafix
Community Newcomer

in reply to zoopuroutlet

Does anyone know what the actual size restrictions are for the new 24/48 service?  The documentation says:

Will the size and weight restrictions change on Royal Mail 24 and Royal Mail 48?

There is no change to the specification of this service.

Which is fine, but it would be nice to know what they are (or were under the current packetpost product)

We post things in 63cm long poster tubes, so would be hit hard with this now falling into the new medium packet range. Seems like we'll be fine using CRL code, but would be nice to see the actual size limits rather than a 'nothings changed'.

estreetshops
Community Member

in reply to zoopuroutlet

I have just been contacted by an agent about a BPL account, they have sent me quite a bit off info.

It appears for example a large letter that costs me £1.20 i.e 180g will cost me £1 with this. Small packet instead off £3 now £2.65.

I don't spend £15000 on post but certainly send over 1000 packets etc. The agent says I can just drop off at local post office like I currently do.

I use paypal post at present it is easy and quick. Does anyone know how easy and quick this service is, printing post off Royal Mail Website is NOT easy & quick. The agent seems to suggest it is easy. They say they deal with all claims for lost mail also.

I spend the money through paypal on post so it makes no difference about crediting an account with Royal Mail.

Are one off these BPL account worth it, No set up fees either what what I can see. Is the service easy to use. I just like to sell an item get it packed an print post, keep it simple. Obviously it seems I can save on money, but is it an easy system to use????

The agent is going to phone me back thursday so any help or additional info from someone useing this service would be appreciated.

plushbrushcompany
Community Newcomer

in reply to zoopuroutlet

Hi

I have just opened an OBA and it is working well for us with the new parcel sizes.

With CRL you can send max 610x460x460.  There is no compensation available with 24/48.  I send letters via normal 1st/2nd post (as cheaper) but for the parcels, it works out cheaper with the changes!

Hope that helps.

Laura

footcare4me
Community Member

in reply to plushbrushcompany

Hi, We have been using our OBA for a short while now and after the first couple of days it all seems pretty simple. We send bpl and it is economical -also no more P.O queues as we just drop the sacks off. Any queries we phone the helpline and so far have got the answers straight away.

hela-john
Community Newcomer

in reply to footcare4me

Here are really nice and interesting post. I will complete my search on this. But there is no doubt that that here are really nice and interesting post. Thanks.

hela-john
Community Newcomer

[ Edited ]
in reply to hela-john

[QUOTE/]Here are really nice and interesting post. I will complete my search on this. But there is no doubt that that here is really nice and interesting post. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Is it interesting.....???