louisebargains2
Community Member

My Hermes

I will now be using My Hermes for all my parcels, as it cost me £9 to send a shoe box size parcel and £3.70 for a thimble yesterday! Totally disgusted with the new prices introduced, perhaps Royal Mail should have been privatised after all! Even after paying for the ink/paper to print off the labels, I am still getting my postage costs cheaper with MH. If anyone out their could recommend a better courier/cheaper alternative, I am open to suggestions.

Please use plain text.
gorgeousbabybaby
Community Member

Re: My Hermes

in reply to louisebargains2

Ive just started using myhermes.  Brilliant and im saving a few pennies on the old prices of Royal mail aswell. Great system.  Hope everyone starts to ditch the Royal Mail with the insult they have dealt all businesses big and small. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
bizi_lizi_9
Community Member

I have also switched most of my despatches to My Hermes. They were cheaper than RM for some items above 750g even before the RM increase on Tuesday.

Now MH are MUCH cheaper than RM. For example a pair of shoes now sent RM would cost £5.20 2nd class (a £3.00 increase on their old price). MH cost is only £3.00 and it includes tracking.

To put it in a nutshell, MH current price of £3.00 is the same as RM increase on their old price.

No contest. RM have lost me, and I suspect many many others for good for the majority of items I send.

Please use plain text.
buxombaby
Community Member

My Hermes have another customer from today.Totally disgusted at the Royal Mail.

Please use plain text.
auctionaddicts-2012
Community Member

I work for Royal Mail and I too have ditched their deliveries and Registered with Hermes... The majority of my goods were posting for £2.20 and went up to £5.20..Some international charges are now cheaper than sending down the road. Never used Hermes before but will have to give it a go or give up my hobby. I only hope Hermes will be able to cope with the massive increase in deliveries.

Please use plain text.
badgermano1
Community Member

I strongly think you should re think switching to my hermes!!!

worst delivery service i have ever used!

parcels regularly go missing (including mine) and charge you to find out!!

just please go and read some of the reviews online.

Theyre impossible to contact and when i finally found a local main depot i got asked what the parcel looked like!! How am I supposed to know what the parcel looked like!?! This was after i informed her it would be shoe boxed sized, exactly what was in it and the weight!

Please use plain text.
emotive69
Community Member

I would suggest that like us if anyone is going to use Courier services including RM MyHermes or Collect+ u use a signed for service and pay the extra, otherwise how do you expect it to get there ? Its just a lottery unless it requires a signature in which case it has to be taken more seriously and delivered.

We used RM for years , however the only difference for us is that RM offer insurance , recently they have changed their insurance system into an un-negotiable maze of people with excuses as to why you cant claim - so in reality they are not insured with RM unless you have 3 months and an unlimited phone bill to play with ... My advice change your listings offer cheap delivery and use the courier services, RM are not worth paying a penny extra for.

Please use plain text.
ellen2988
Community Member

Yet another customer for myHermes.  Could kick myself as Next always deliver with them why on earth I hadn't thought about using them earlier as they collect too at a much lower cost than RM - much more convenient.  Will go about revising my current sale items to reflect a different postal rate - hope this will mean sales!

Please use plain text.
berkshire_pixie
Community Member

Do NOT use Hermes!!

As other people have said they have nothing but bad reviews, I knew this and until now have always avoided them BUT, me being an idiot, and wanting to save a few pennies decided to give them a go. I have just had an email from the recipient saying they have received the parcel and the contents are smashed to pieces. The contents were securely wrapped and I have wrapped hundreds of parcels in the past and used both RM and other couriers and never had a problem.

Any money you save by using Hermes will very quickly be lost on repairs/refunds and more postage costs.

So I would strongly advise DO NOT USE HERMES.

Please use plain text.
beagle_perks
Community Member

My Hermes
I have Googled them and come across many many complaints about My Hermes on various forums . Seams to be major problem rectifying problems with them. The people that deliver the packets/Parcels get paid pennies for each delivery they do. Not surprising how cheep they are.

What's the answer? Ofcom? No, they tell you to complain to Royal Mail and the link they give to email Royal Mail customer services goes nowhere.

SO GO DIRECT! The Chief Exec of Royal Mail is MOYA GREENE.
Here's her email address:

moya.greene@royalmail.com

Make your feelings known! Don't let her off the hook! This disgusting attack on businesses must not be allowed to go unhindered. Pass this email to other businesses. She might put you off to one of her underlings but always email her direct.

I would please like to draw everyone's attention to the current HM Government Petition against these extortionate increases which Royal Mail has forced upon us and would urge anyone who can to register their objections online.

You can find the petition here -

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46737

Please use plain text.
sumnites
Community Member

Re reviews...if you have a good experience do you write about it? if you have a bad experience do you wan to tell the world?  exactly.

Have used myHermes on and off for a couple of years, no issues. The collection lady is perfect and knows what to do when we are out.

They warn about fragile items. I would worry re sending any fragile item with anyone....

Everyone is caught between a rock and a hard place.  Just don't be put off by bad reviews it could also be the competion posting!

Please use plain text.
toptolley13
Community Member

used hermes a lot ,so far no problems.trying not to use thieving,grabbers RM .feel sorry for my local post office ,staff are great,professional and knowledgeable.shame.

Please use plain text.
junemadi
Community Member

I have just been checking their website, yes it is cheaper, then I checked the terms and conditions they have a long list of things that are not covered for compensation, everyday normal things we all buy and sell, glass, ceramics, electricals and lots more.  They also have another list of things they don't carry, not just animals, chemicals and firearms, so just have a good look before using their service

june
Please use plain text.
lainem1
Community Member

Can I trust then that MH are reliable?

I had put off switching, but I sold a pair of Faith shoes last week, they sold for £1.04 and I had charged £3.50 for P&P not realising the prices had changed!!!  As you can see I clearly lost out on this sale, £5.40 I was charged for Postage alone!!!

I was planning to take advantage of free listing this weekend but was put off because of the new RM increase, which is an utter joke.  I'm not a business, just a person trying to make a little extra by selling odds and ends that aren't getting used...I had actually considered not selling again because of the increases by RM, but if MH is the general consensus then I may give them a bash?

Please use plain text.
hillofwad
Community Member

DONT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware

if you think RM are bad think again.I know they are more expensive at leastt they arrive intac tAnything remotely breakable sent via myhermes does

My stats I sell alot of jugs

RM 75 received and sent 1 broken

18 sent 5 broken

20 received 10 broken

I received 3 on saturday from my hermes from 2 different senders - the my hermes rattle despite having a drop down menu fro compensation where you can put in collectables -they ahve you in the smallprint

they are cheap my local courier is great but the depots In the daily mail today UK Mail article about their poor handling god knows what herpes is like

Please use plain text.
dogsurfer75
Community Member

How's that different to RM?

Had loads of stuff go missing (stolen?).

Load of crap. Can't see how My Hermes could be worse.......

Please use plain text.
silver_5150
Community Member

Another thats changed to myhermes.RM wanted more than double to post my item.

My hermes even pick the parcel up.

Please use plain text.
spargay
Community Member

My hermes are now following RM and have increased costs - they are even greedier than RM now

Please use plain text.
ezzie58
Community Member

We too ditched RM and started using MY HERMES. Today 19.6.13 we have lost in excess of £30 due to the fact that MY HERMES have increased their prices and changed their weight bands. Were we advised of this - NO! This means that our listings now carry old prices and we are losing money on postage. Typical of a large company being greedy!! Any suggestion as to who we can use now??? Warning to other MY HERMES users!!!!!

Please use plain text.
dk4u2011
Community Member

Hermes did advertise on the myhermes site, giving a weeks notice of price increases. Parcel2go and Interparcel chose not to advertise they are increasing Hermes rates - These brokers still pay the old rates to Hermes under contract.

Also regular users of the myhermes site got emails.

Royal Mail Increase their rates, followed by Collect Plus, Followed By Hermes. Hermes isn't the only company putting rates up.

Please use plain text.