• Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • Great saving!
Answer
jakinabox23
Community Newcomer
Accepted Solution
royal mail delivering registered items without receiving signature
Has anyone else dispatched items 1st Class Recorded, that was obviously delivered but no signature was received? The attached picture shows a parcel I sent on the 23-09-13 however it still shows that is passing though the postal network for delivery, I know the customer received the parcel as I have not heard from the buyer stating otherwise, this was quite an expensive item, so I assume the buyer would have contacted me, this is not the only parcel I have had this complication with, what's the point in using registered post if they fail to receive a signature....
Accepted Solution
julie19090_0
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to jakinabox23

I have had plenty of recorded delivery items shoved through the letterbox or left on the doorstep. The service is not all it is cracked up to be. A dishonest buyer could complete an item not received dispute against you and win.

Items sold for over £50 must be sent by special next day delivery, otherwise you cannot claim from Royal Mail if they get damaged or go missing. That is a far superior service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growing old disgracefully.
Other Answers: 2
worldofwallart_2012
Community Newcomer
Answered
in reply to jakinabox23

Do yourself a favour and don't use royal mail, as from our own experience the extra you pay to get the parcel "signed for", is quite often a complete waste of your money.

Make your way over to parcel2go.com and get a much better quality, cheaper service through Hermes, also if there is a problem with the item getting lost or not signed for by the recipient, the claim process on parcel2go is quick and simple to recoup your losses.

123ayatou
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jakinabox23

I bought a gold ring from Ebay for around £30  last year and the seller sent the item Recorded Delivery but i never signed for it.

When i open the parcel,i found a different gold ring with diamonds clearly far better and more expensive.

I contacted the seller and explained the problem and she very grateful.

Royal Mail is a joke and i don't use it anymore.