eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Collections
  • The Co-Operative Food
jusliverpool
Community Newcomer

instant transfer from paypal to bank

Hi all

I just tried to withdraw £300 from my paypal account to my bank and afterwards it said my withdrawal was under review for 24hrs.  Just checked my bank account and the money is there.  I didnt know paypal had started this?

fastcakes
Community Member

Re: instant transfer from paypal to bank

in reply to jusliverpool

Yes, they are routinely "reviewing" transfers, to mitigate the 2 hour trasnfer they've been forced to adopt. I have just had £530 take 25 hours to move, yet  £110 that I transferred later took literally 2 minutes.

rainbow-caskets
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

I have just withdrawn money from paypal to my bank account and it says it is under 24 hour review..what does it all mean..I thought it usually takes about 3 days to move to the bank..what is there to review?

paulso0126
Community Member

in reply to jusliverpool

Over the last 3 days I have had 2 transfers laced under the 24 hrs security review I think it must be a way to earn extra intrest as if everyone took there money straight away they wood only earn the commission

buddababe
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

Judging by all the comments and personal experience, the withdrawl speed is variable depending on the amount. large amounts take time (24 hour review etc) whilst upto £100 or so seems to be fairly swift.

Having said that, I would have thought that if funds are left in a PayPal account for a reasonable time to allow for delivery, feedback etc and then some, then I don't see why there should then be a delay with the withdrawl?:smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent:

dazzjg
Community Member

in reply to jusliverpool

I was just about to post on the same topic as this has happened to me, so looks like it is happening to lots of people.

richard7502
Community Member

in reply to jusliverpool

I have the same, everytime I withdraw any amount, last one was £40 from 2 different paypal accounts to 2 different bank accounts, all been verified through paypal and all been linked for over 5 years, they still say 2 hours on the page yet emails saying a 24 hour review.   When I phoned them up, the reply was that they have always done the 'random' checks, but before with it taking 3-4 days you didnt know about it. And to be on the 'safe' side allow 24 hours + the 2 hours before it shows up, and if it arrives in your bank within the 2 hours, take it as a bonus....

fastcakes
Community Member

in reply to jusliverpool

Ha...random check my backside. 80% of all transfers is stretching the meaning of random.

susie_retro
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

We have been making withdrawals all week under the old system, today it looks like we have been honoured with the new system.

So excited till I got this

:-)

For security reasons, we've had to delay your withdrawal request while we review it.

Your withdrawal request will be under review for up to 21 hours. After our review is complete, PayPal will release your funds. It can take an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.

:-( Typical

frantique2000
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

I have had all five recent withdrawals pulled for security checks - each was between £50 and £200.  After two I was told it was a coincidence.  After four I was told that they are a result of UK banking requirements.

I am therefore going to write to FSA and tell them in no uncertain terms that their requirements are totally unwarranted.  They are intrusive, an impediment to free and fair trade and a violation of my human rights.

I suggest everyone does exactly that.  Then, surely, either FSA or PP will have to give way.

lowandslow-93
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

hi guys this has just happened to me did you guys get the funds in your account 24 hours later then?

would like to know as to what has happened and how long it takes for funds to be in my bank account as it ususally took 3 days but now it came up with the same 21 hour thing you guys have mentioned.

cheers

leed2802
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

I was just going to ask the same thing !
i made a withdraw to my bank yesterday afternoon and its still pending

i have transfered money before and if i do it on the Sunday it will be in by weds - it ususally says completed within a few hours

does this now mean it will hit my bank by thurs or friday depending on when the security checks clear ?

lynn2086
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

I have made two withdrawals today, the first went through within minutes, the second is under review but with past experience, this will be in my bank tomorrow.

Faster than the previous 2 to 3 days.

neviknocab
Community Member

in reply to jusliverpool

I don't believe its anything to do with security,just paypal hanging on to your money to get as much interest as possible.

jezzboy
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

This has happened to me twice , yesterday and today with withdrawals to my bank, it is just a way that paypal can hang on to your money for longer and it is ridiculous. Lots of people on the paypal forums complaining about it, it now seems like 80% of transfers are being held up for review. NOT HAPPY..

siggsterr
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

I'm having the same problem. I transfered some money on Monday and that went in straight away.

I transfered some yesterday morning and I got a message saying "Reviewed for 24 hours, etc, etc". But checked my paypal this morning and it's still pending.

davad_technology
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

There is a workaround for this "payment review"

Withdrew last night, £900. First attempt showed 21 hours, did not complete the withdrawal, I hit "back" and tried again. This time, 24 hours. Logged out, and back in again. Tried once more, 2 hours. Completed withdrawal, and in my Bank in minutes

fastcakes
Community Member

in reply to jusliverpool

Thanks for the tip Davad. Will use it next time. Don't tell anyone;-)

doitforthissen
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool

I have just withdrawn a Paypal sum to my bank account. No 'review' notice and no fee! In the recent past, I have had to pay PayPal a fee of £5 for expeditied transfer. Was this a recent change?

ownedandloved
Community Newcomer

in reply to jusliverpool
I don't understand why people are unhappy with this to be honest and how are PayPal holding on to your money for longer when you get your money in around 24hrs instead of 3 days? lmao. I think it's fantastic and I wish all of my withdrawals were security checked as you get your money in 24hrs which would normaly cost £5 or £2 through using my PayPal card.