Welcome!

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community of members and mentors.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Activity

SELLING ON EBAY

HI EVERYONE, LETS SEE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME, I HAVE LISTED MORE THEN 50 PRODUCTS ON EBAY BUT ONLY GETTING SALE ON 1 LISTING WHICH IS 4-5 ORDERS EVERYDAY,ALL OTHER PRODUCTS ARE GOOD PRODUCTS TO, OTHER SELLERS GETTING SALE ON THEM, I LISTED CHEAPER THA...

User avatar by Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buyer haggling with the price

Purchaser bought the item but is now messaging asking for more photos, which I've sent, and is now asking to reduce the price and he will pay today. It was sold on Thursday evening and this has been going on since. Can I withdraw from the sale?

Buyer not collecting order

Morning, hopefully someone can help with this. A buyer has contacted me this morning asking to return an item that their child had ordered without permission. The item is at their local post office awaiting their collection. Do I have to accept the r...

‘Empty box’ return

Today I received a return. Item sold, iPhone 15 pro, brand new and sealed. The reason for returning was that the phone doesn't switch on at all. When I received the return, the package contained a packet of wipes and 3 batteries, I assume to help mak...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

No 70% off Variable Selling Fees this weekend ?

I always get a 70% off variable selling fees every 2 week and it is when I list. There is nothing on the "promotions" area of my home page either. Do any other private sellers have the same issue ? From what I have read on forums it is not guaranteed...

How are the clothes going folks?

Got a few vintage items - being an old git - But thinking about the effort need to list clothes and the cost of postage & packing is putting me off listing them. Esp now it seems the warmer weather is here and I could be out in the garden. Can you co...

Blocked by a Seller

Hi all. I am disabled and have ti get my Carer to pick up my ebay items I buy from local click and collect store.I missed a old Piece of glass by Greener and asked Seller if relisting. He/She said yes, and would put in on for £24 but as Buy it now.Wh...

Why I'm quitting ebay for good

A couple of months ago, I sold a hifi item on here for over £100. I had been warned beforehand about scammers buying electronic goods, and "harvesting" the internal components to repair their own faulty items. Luckily, I took the warnings seriously. ...

Buyers on 0 feedback making fake bids

Buyers on 0 feedback bidding on items and then not paying. Some have only registered in the last few days.Looks like fake buyers trying to trash sellers accounts. Do Ebay make new buyers register a bank card and contact details?How can I block buyers...

Is my Account money safe please .

I have not sold on eBay for 2 years or more. I used to take payments via Pay Pal Today I sold an item , the buyer said he had paid by PP but nothing appeared Instead I got a red dialogue box from eBay wanting me to tell them my Bank Account details. ...

Fees have been taken and money paid to me, but I need to refund. Sorry for long post!

I sold an item, auction started at £25 and ended at £51. For collection only, but a few people messaged to ask me to post it. It is about 6kg packed and I found a Royal Mail or Evri 48 hours. Offered to post for about £9/10 Buyer asked about postage ...

Damaged goods

I have just recently purchased a brand new gazebo. Upon opening and inspecting i have found 1 of the side panels is damaged its stained and cannot be removed. Ive contacted the seller and there being very difficult as regards sending me just a replac...

Buyer says never received item

Buyer say's they never received item. The item was sent tracked and has been updated as delivered with date time and photo. Buyer has now opened a case and my funds are now on hold. Every thing seems to help the buyer not the seller, are the tracking...

Missing item

Ive recieved my oil pump and although its fine the discription clearly states theres a storage case. This storage case was not recieved and the supplier is stating that there isn't one.

Seller fee enquiry

Hi I've tried to sell my car, it didn't sell but I've got a £14.99 bill. Is this correct or am I being scammed? TIA

Leicester Roadshow

As I said I'd give an update on what happened I thought I'd start a thread and if anybody else went have has helpful tips or feedback from what they found out they could add too. Parking was good as I got there early, some did have issues but thankfu...

RETURNS for fashion/clothing retailers (but other categories please chime in)

This post has been on my mind for a while. I'd love an open discussion. My returns rate is currently a shocking 13.8%. It has climbed steadily from 9-10% over the last 3 years. Prior to COVID I had been at under 10% for years. This coincides with a d...

How long for collection of sold item?

Hi, I sold an item, a pushchair, I have received payment and the buyer has said they need to arrange travel to collect, this was communicated to me on 10th April. I've since heard nothing. Can I put a deadline on collection with a condition that if i...

First VAT return

I'm doing my first VAT returns and would like some advice on here.I'm registered as a business seller and charge VAT on my items which is collected by ebay.My question is, how is that VAT reported to HMRC and how do I report that on my VAT return.FYI...

wrong postage

When clients bought more items, eBay used to charge them postage for each individual item, even if the address/ buyer was the same. That was creating unrealistic huge postage cots. Now it is the opposite: eBay no longer charges clients individual pos...

Getting started

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarised with the eBay Community.

Additional Resources
eBay News

See the latest eBay news, publications and updates here:

Announcements
Postage Updates
What's New
Most Helpful Authors
Top Solution Authors

Latest Announcements